KODAMA Asaka Health Sciences Univ.of Hokkaido, Faculty of Pharm.Sciences, Assistant, 薬学部, 助手 (20285521)
TAKENAKA Takako Health Sciences Univ.of Hokkaido, Faculty of Pharm.Sciences, Assistant, 薬学部, 助手 (10265085)
MURAI Michiko Health Sciences Univ.of Hokkaido, Faculty of Pharm.Sciences, Assistant, 薬学部, 助手 (10205883)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,300,000)
1. The screening assay for anticancer activity
(1) Arctigenin and trachelogenin, lignans from Caulis Trachelospermi, were shown to have a high inhibitory effect on TPA-induced ear edema, which reflects an antitumor-promoting effect in two-stage carcinogenesis.
Luteolin and its 7-O-glycosides, flavonoids from Caulis Trachelospermi, showed a strong DPPH radical-scavenging activity.
(2) Mauritianin, a flavonoid from Herba Catharanthi, enhanced the TPA-suppressed delayd type hypersensitivity reaction in mice, indicating that mauritianin may augument the resistance of the immune system to cancer.
(3) 2,3-Dihydroxybenzoic acid from Periwinkle showed a strong DPPH radical-scavenging activity, which is associated with a lower risk of cancer, and prevented the formation of advanced glycation end productions (AGEs), which may reduce development of diabetic complications.
(4) Syringaresinol-di-glucoside, a lignan from Eleutherococcus, displayd an antigastric ulcer effect in restrained, cold-water-stressed rats.
2.The screening assay for anti-allergic activity
(1) Plantamajoside, a phenylethanoid glycoside from Plantago Herb, and scutellarein and 6-hydroxyluteolin, flavonoids from Plantago Herb, were shown to have inhibitory activity on 5-lipoxygenase, which has the relationship with anti-allergy. Flavonoids showed anti-histamine release activity from mast cells. Phenylethanoid glycosides showed inhibitory activity on arachidonic acid-induced mouse ear edema.
(2) Forsythiaside, suspensaside and acteoside, phenylethanoid glycosides from Forsythiae Fructus, showed a potent inhibitory activity on 5-lipoxygenase and a strong DPPH radical-scavenging activity, which have the relationship with anti-allergy.
(3) Esculetin, a coumarin from Cortex Fraxini, showed strong inhibitory activities on 5-lipoxygenase, aldose reductase and rabbit platelet aggregation. Also esculletin showed a strong DPPH radical-scavenging activity.