OTA Yuko PREFECTURAL NIIGATA WOMEN'S COLLEGE,ASSISTANT, 医学部, 助手 (60176485)
MIYANISI Kunio PREFECTURAL NIIGATA WOMEN'S COLLEGE,PROFESSOR, 生活科学科, 教授 (70018836)
TOYOSIMA Hideaki NAGOYA UNIVERSITY,THE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE,PROFESSOR, 医学部, 教授 (10023657)
In this study we evaluated the effectiveness of the health equcation system for women's college students which we developed to change their health behavior. Using this system we made a health education intervention to the students throughout one year. The system consisted of three components : health education seminor (six times), survey in physical status, life habit and foot intake (three times), and provision of "Health Passport" illustrating individual records of diagnoses and results obtained, with elaborate explanation individually (four times).
The major results obtained were as follows.
1. Body Mass Index, obeisty index and body fat percentage didn't change by the health education. The number of steps a day, energy consumption, and quantity of exercise decreased slightly.
2. Higt-density lipoprotein cholesterrol (HDL-C) increased significantly. It was suggested that Lp (a) value increased as HDL-C increased.
3. Subjective symptoms decreased significantly, especially on subjects with good attendace to the seminor. The maintenance of good dietary behavior was observed in subjects who showed higher improvement of subjective symptoms.
4. Green and yellow vegetable intake, food intake balance score and cereal energy rate increased, while animal fat rate, Na/K,salt intake (g/kcal), fatty acid intake decreased. However, improvement of nutrient intake was not significantly related with improvement of blood serum lipid. Dilution of modern eating pattern was observed significantly in subjects who showed larger decrease of LDL-C value.
5. Ego-grams suggested that the ego-conditions was related with change of health behavior.
These findings suggest that this health education system was effective on motivating women's college students to have more health consciousness and maintain it. After we conduct further study to develop more practical health education system, we will prepare a paper about our findings.