|Budget Amount *help
¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995: ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,000,000)
In 1996, the authors improved the system based on the knowledge which was gained from prototype study in 1995 and put it into effect using practical lesson in the computer room and verified the study effect by means of a pre-test, a post-test, and a trial examination.
In addition, the results were classified by individual study item and by text from a study record and were totaled and analyzed, and a model of each instructional point was formed and classified by class, and by individual.
It was put into effect in a multi media type LL classroom during the fall semester.
The results of study were as follows.
1) From the results of a pre-test, students coul select the study level (3 steps), the existence of an indication of correct answer and a hint, and an answer time limit. In this way, the problem of an inclusive study could be avoided.
2) By using contents of Practical English License examination (Eiken) semi1-semi2 level, acquisition of practical English ability could be measured.
3) The study result is shown clearly by instant feedback and a study record is maintenanced by the computer, which could promote a motive of study.
4) A trial examination by randon extraction could be put into effect at any time and the result clearly visualized on a graph. Each weakness can be turned into insight, which could reinforce the study of a student's weak points.
5) From the results of a questionnaire, the need for simultaneous auditory information and improvements of the KR information were proved.
Moreover, according to the result obtained from of this system, development of a mullet media type CALL system to which was added voice and pictures was also tested.