Preservation Of Folktale Narratives By Means Of Audio-Video Recording and Their Development Into Teaching Materials
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Research Institution||Shimane University|
TANAKA Eiichi Shimane University Faculty of Education Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (20032592)
|Project Fiscal Year
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
|Keywords||folktale collection / oral narrative / tales : legends / folktale teaching materials / folktales / video materials / recorded audio materials / 民話集 / 語り / 昔話 / 民話教材 / 民間説話 / 映像資料 / 録音資料 / 伝承説話教材 / 民話 / 口承文芸 / 音声資料 / 島根県の伝承|
(1) Investigator completed digital audio recordings and created a searchable card catalog of a total of 2000 oral folktales.
(2) Transcribed audio field work recordings and the published the follwing collections for the purpose of comparisons with original recordings :
(a) Folktales from Kakeva-chou. Shimane Prefecture
(b) Folktales from Mihonoseki-chou.Shimane Prefecture
Folktales from Izumo City, Shimane Prefecture
(d) Folktales from Korvou-chou.Shimane Prefecture
(3) Created and edited the following video recording from material taken from field investigations :
(a) "Ushikuyou and Hanadaue"
(b) "Mrs.Itou Akiko of Ottachi-chou, Izumo City"
(c) "Mrs.Yamazaki Tomi of Ueta-chou, Yasugi City"
(d) "Mrs.Oomori Terue of Ootsuka-chou, Yasugi City"
(4) Edited the publication of Folktales for the Classroom (accompanied by digital audio tape) based on the above materials and containing the following :
(a) audio text of field recordings of local folktales
(b) transcriptions of local oral folktales and other stories
(c) teaching method materials and an introduction to the appreciation of folktales.
(5) With the assistance of Satou Yasushi of the Shimane University Attached Junior High School, and Shouji Yoshihiro of the Shimane University Attached Elementary School, developed and conducted lesson plans using oral folktale narratives and determined their effectiveness as teaching materials.
Research Output (12results)