A COMPUTER SIMULATION AID FOR COMPLEX ECONOMIC-ECOLOGICAL SYSTEMS AND DEVELOPMENT OF EXPERIMENTAL METHODS FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC SYSTEMS.
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||UNIVERSITY OF TSUKUBA|
IKEDA Saburo UNIVERSITY OF TSUKUBA,INSTITUTE OF POLICY AND PLANNING SCIENCES,PROFESSOR., 社会工学系, 教授 (40026307)
|Project Period (FY)
1995 – 1996
Completed(Fiscal Year 1996)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
|Keywords||COMPLEX SYSTEM / COMPUTER SIMULATION / EXPERIMENTAL ECONOMICS / ECONOMIC-ECOLOGICAL SYSTEM / KNOWLEDGE ENGINEERING / GENETIC ALGORITHM / 計算機シミュレーション / オブジェクト指向 / 環境リスク|
The main research results of this project for two years (1995-1996) are listed as follows :
1) Modeling of economic-ecological systems based on the framework of "knowledge engineering".
We have developed a kind of support system for modeling a complex economic and ecological phenomena which aids researchers or analysts who are not necessarily specialists of computer simulation programming in the following ways :
(1) setting hypothesis or conditions concerning a model structure and parameters,
(2) modification of the model in a dialogue with the computer system,
(3) use of simulation experiments on the workstation of high performance to analyze the complex economic-ecological systems.
A knowledge based programming framework is used to implement such a simulation aid system in the computer workstation. It is the combination of object-oriented programming and logic programming that enables modelers to separate the description of the model functions/knowledge and those of the simulation procedures.
2) Integrating an experimental method of gaming/experimental economics with a simulation method of the complex economic-ecological systems.
A number of experiments is conducted to simulate a process of formulating market rules in a complex economic and ecological system based on a simple hypothesis deducted form the gaming experiment. Several forms of genetic algorithms (GA) is tested in the computer simulation of such complex economic model with over hundreds economic actors pariticipated in a market.
Research Output (7results)