Landscape ecological study on torrent control planning in harmonizing with environment
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Research Institution||Niigata University|
MARUI Hideaki Niigata University, Research Institute for Hazards in Snowy Areas, Professor, 積雪地域災害研究センター, 教授 (10219545)
|Project Fiscal Year
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
|Keywords||landscape ecology / nature-orientated torrent control / conventional torrent control engineering / destruction of continuity / monotonizing of environment / riffle-pool structures / 景域生態学 / 渓流環境 / 土砂移動現象 / 渓流の攪乱 / 影響評価 / 瀬-淵構造 / 渓流の撹乱 / 環境との調和 / 設計計画 / 環境保全 / 魚野川上流域|
1. On the basis of "Iandscape ecology", the basic concepts of the torrent control engineering in harmonizing with nature was considered in relation with various landscape factorors.
2. Problematic aspects of conventional torrent control engineering were considered. The conventional torrent control engineering was aimed to be mitigation of destructive sediment transport. It has been neglected to control the usual dimension of sediment transport.
3. Various types of influences of conventional torrent control engineering to torrent ecosystem was considered. Main aspects of such influences are the followings : 1) destruction of continuity, 2) mitigation of disturbance, 3) release of space, 4) monotonizing of environment, 5) drastic change of environment and ecosystem.
4. Basicideas on improving conventional torrent control engineering was introduced. Sediment transport and disturbance of torrent environment should be allowed to an certain extent in torrent control engineering
5. In relation to assessment of influence of conventional torrent control engineering a complexmethod to evaluate the whole structure of torrent environment was introduced in some model watersheds.
6. Distribution of riffle-pool structures of river floors and related hy draulic conditions were analyzed in a model torrent.
7. Recent examples of torrent control engineering in harmonizing with nature in Austria ware introduced.
Research Output (21results)