DEVELOPMENT OF DERMATOLOGICAL KNOWLEDGE DATA BASE SYSTEM USING MULTIMEDIA
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Research Institution||The Jikei University School of Medicine|
KAMIDE Ryoichi The Jikei University School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, associate professor, 医学部, 助教授 (40119780)
MATSUSHITA Tetsuya The Jikei University Schol of Medicine faculty of Medicine, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (80266684)
小松崎 克己 東京慈恵会医科大学, 医学部, 助手 (60234879)
FUSE Nobuko The Jikei University School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (60277077)
YANO Chizuko The Jikei University School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (90287300)
KOMATSUZAKI Makoto The Jikei University School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (30266621)
IGARASHI Tsutomu The Jikei University School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Assistant, 医学部, 助手 (20266589)
|Project Fiscal Year
1995 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1995 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
|Keywords||multimedia / dermatology / data base / CD-ROM / internet / マルチメディア / 皮膚科 / データベース / インターネット / 皮膚疾患|
Taking advantage of the characteristics of the computer system, we have tried to establish a knowledge data base of the dermatological diseases. According to the rapid progress of internet communication, we have made a homepage contents of skin disease using hypertext mark-up language(HTML). The progress we have made are as follows.
1) Accumulated graphic sources, such as clinical and histopathological photo slides were converted to electronic data using slide scanner or Photo CD system.
2) A content titled"About Lentigo" was made with HTML and mounted on the Internet homepage of our hospital in order to propagate the knowledge of dermotological diseases to patients as well as non-dermatologists.
3) A multimedia CD-ROM titled "skin diseases in primary care medicine" containing skin disease associated with priritus, drug eruptions, skin disease and internal medicine, treatment of pruritus, and laser treatment of pigmented skin diseases, was published.
4) A paper-back manual titled "Quick reference for dermatological clinic" was published for junior residents. We are planning to make CD-ROM version of this book.
5) These materials have been used for the education and training of the medical students and residents at the hospital. It is confirmed that such a multimedia contents in which text and graphics are hyper-linked make it easy and efficient to understand the required knowledge and skills in training dermatology.
6)In conclusion, it is important and useful to induce multimedia sources such as CD-ROM and Internet homepages for the education of medical staff and patients.
Research Output (6results)