Grant-in-Aid International Scientific Research
|Research Institution||KOMAZAWA UNIVERSITY|
SASAKI Kokan KOMAZAWA UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF LETTERS, PROFESSOR, 文学部, 教授 (30052426)
黄 智慧 中央研究院, 民族学研究所, 助手
色 音 中国社会科学院, 民族研究所, 助教授
呉 盛枝 広西民族学院, 民族語言文学部, 助教授
葉 大兵 温州民族文化研究所, 所長
手塚 恵子 大阪大学, 文学部, 助手 (60263183)
浮葉 正親 名古屋大学, 留学生センター, 助教授 (40252291)
SASAKI Shin'ichi KOSHIEN UNIVERSITY, COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 人間文化学部, 助教授 (30175377)
KOMATSU Kazuhiko INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CENTER FOR JAPANESE STUDIES, PROFESSOR, 教授 (90111781)
WATANABE Yoshio TOKYO METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY, THE FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND HUMANITIES, PROFESSOR, 人文学部, 教授 (90103209)
CH'OE Kilsong HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF INTEGRATED ARTS AND SCIENCE, PROFESSOR, 総合科学部, 教授 (80236794)
YAMAJI Katsuhiko KWANSEI GAKUIN UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF SOCIOLOGY, PROFESSOR, 社会学部, 教授 (30090731)
|Project Fiscal Year
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥34,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥34,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥11,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥11,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥11,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥11,300,000)
|Keywords||EAST ASIA / SHAMANISM / CHINA / MOGOLIA / KOREA / CHINESE-GEOMANCY / TANG-Kl / MUDAN / 東アジア / シャーマニズム / 中国 / モンゴル / 韓国 / 風水 / 童〓 / 巫堂 / 漢族 / チワン族 / 他界観 / 童乱 / 儀礼 / 変化|
The study above was limited to East Asia ( Mainland China . Mongolia . Korea and Taiwan ). The purpose of this study was to investigate the varieties of shamanistic cultures prevalent among these areas from a comparative point of view , clarify the structure and characteristics of them , follow up the degrees of change in shamanism in accordance with the socio-cultural changes in these areas , and if possible to offer a new viewpoint to the traditional framework of shamanistic studies In the past three years , we have accomplished the following research based on fieldwork .
( I ) Since the beginning of " the Reform and Open-door Policy " in China , shamanism has revived conspicuously .
(2) But the revival of shamanism in mainland China shows variations in different areas . There are areas in which shamans perform rituals freely . In contrast , we see areas where the activity of shamans is severely restricted by the authorities
(3) The name of shamanic specialists is so different in differ
ent areas that it seems difficult to use the general term to denote shamanic specialists
(4) The way of shamanic communication with spiritual beings and the other worlds also shows variations and it makes impossible the theoretical generalization of shamanism .
(5) The roles of shamans are generally to foretell the future and cure illnesses . And these activities are being supported by the common people .
(6) The relationship between shamanism and Buddhism are supposed to be far closer than supposed so far So it is not always appropriate to make a dichotomy such as great tradition / little tradition , and shaman / priest .
(7) Shamanistic rituals have changed , probably as a result of the Cultural Revolution .
(8) Shamanisrn of various areas in East Asia (Mongolia, Korea, Taiwan) has also mostly the same characteristics as shown in the above (4) , (5) , (6) and (7) In future research , we intend to investigate shamanism in the perspective of Asian World-views and clarify the influence of shamanism upon the lives of the peoples in Asia . Less