Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||The University of Tokyo|
NAGATA Shin The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Agricultural and life Science , Professor, 大学院・農学生命科学研究科, 教授 (20164436)
YAMAMOTO Nobuyuki Shimane University, Faculty of Life and Environmental Science, Assistant Profess, 生物資源科学部, 助手 (90284025)
AKAO Kenichi Waseda University, Faculty of Social Science, Associate Professor, 社会科学部, 助教授 (30211692)
YASUMURA Naoki The University of Tokyo, Faculty of Agriculture, Assistant Professor, 農学部・附属演習林, 助手 (70280948)
TACHIBANA Satoshi The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Agricultural and life Science , Assi, 大学院・農学生命科学研究科, 助手 (50282695)
INOUE Makoto The University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Agricultural and life Science , Asso, 大学院・農学生命科学研究科, 助教授 (10232555)
久保山 裕史 森林総合研究所, 林業経営部, 研究員
金 星一 ソウル大学校, 農業生命科学大学, 副教授
兪 炳一 林業研究院, 山林経営部, 林業研究官
金 世彬 忠南大学校, 農科大学, 副教授
尹 汝昌 ソウル大学校, 農業生命科学大学, 教授
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥16,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥16,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥4,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥7,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,800,000)
|Keywords||log export restriction policy / imports of timber processed products / diversification of timber import / forest recreation / forestry / timber processed industry / Southem yelow pine / Radiata pine / 米国南部地域 / ニュージーランド / 輸入丸太の低質化 / 輸入丸太価格の高騰 / 加工材輸入の増加 / 東南アジア諸国 / 立木伐採権 / 原木の低質化 / 製品差別化 / 長伐期化 / 集成材 / 非林産物 / 通貨危機 / 森林火災 / 森林関連産業 / 木材貿易 / マダラフクロウ保護 / サーモン保護 / 森林伐採制限|
1996 : The field research to Korean and the Northwest of USA
(1) With the timber export restrictions of the timber-production countries, Japan has increased imports of timber processing products and Korea has diversified the log import origins. As for the imports of timber processing products of both countries, the wooden board and panel are increasing instead of lumber and plywood.
(2) The demands to forest recreation both in Japan and in Korea have been increasing for this decade.
(3) In the northwest of USA, the protection movement to salmon has just begun. On the other hand, the business of timber processing industries, which were made severe with the timber felling limitation policy, have been improved by the relaxation on the felling limitation.
1997 : The field research to the western part of Canada, the southern part of Korea, East-Kalimantan of Indonesia
(1) Log production level of Canada was stable but the quality has been deteriorating. The earning rates of forest related compani
es have reduced by the enforcement of Forest Management Act in British Colombia.
(2) In Japanese forestry regions, forestry management has been declining gradually. Forest owners intend to make special quality logs such as a polished fancy log and to extend cutting age.
(3) In Korea, incorporation forestry business of officials and privates is developed to make the effective use and the improvement of the function on forest resources. The citizen is using wood products such as the sycamore sap and the chestnut in various ways. The repulsion of Korean mass communication to the felling and forestry road is strong.
(4) Indonesia may start log export because the power of APKINDO has been declining under the counsel of IMF.Also, peoples in East-Kalimantan area were severely damaged as a result of the forest fire.
1998 : The field research to the southern part of USA and New Zealand
(1) Most of Southern yellow pine that was planted in the southern part of USA is coming cutting age and the production volume is increasing. Main targets of the supply are domestic market and the Caribbean Sea region. So, the supply to Japan and Korea will not increase conspicuously.
(2) The log production and export in NZ are increasing rapidly with a background of plentiful Radiata pine forest. NZ is promoting export to China and South-east Asian countries instead of Australia who will be able to provide timber for herself.
With the log export regulation policies and ban policies in the timber production countries, most of the forest related industries of Japan and Korea have been declining rapidly but the demand for forest recreaton is increasing. Less