Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
|Research Institution||Nagasaki University|
IGARASHI Akira Nagasaki University, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Professor, 熱帯医学研究所, 教授 (40029773)
SAGWANWONGSE 公衆衛生省, 医科学研究局・ウイルス研究所, 所長
WARACHIT Pai 公衆衛生省, 医科学局, 上級研究員
CHANYASANHA マヒドン大学, 公衆衛生学部, 助教授
SUCHARIT Sup マヒドン大学, 熱帯医学部, 教授
HASEBE Futoshi Nagasaki, University, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Research Associate, 熱帯医学研究所, 助手 (20253693)
ESHHITA Yuuki Kurume University, School of Medicine, Assistant Professor, 医学部, 講師 (10082223)
SUCHARIT Supat Mahidol University, Faculty of Tropical Medicine, Professor
CHANYASANHA Charnchudhi Mahidol University, Faculty of Public Health, Associate Professor
WARACHIT Paijit Ministry of Public Health, Department of Medical Sciences, Senir Medical Investi
|Project Fiscal Year
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥3,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
|Keywords||Dengue / Hemorrhagic fever / Cytokines / Variation in vector mosqitoes / Transmission / IgM-ELISA / Vector control / RT-PCR / デング / 出血熱 / サイトカイン / 媒介蚊の個体変異 / 伝播 / IgM‐ELlSA / 媒介蚊防除 / デング出血熱 / 発病機構 / 媒介蚊 / ウイルス分離 / 血清診断 / ウイルス遺伝子|
Field studies on the "Pathogenesis and transmission of dengue hemorrhgic fever" in Nakhon Phanom, Northeast Thailand, one of the dengue endemic areas, gave following results :
(1) IgM-ELISA is an approprioate method for laboratory confirmation of dengue virus infection, if an ELISA reader and some key reagents (dengue antigen and enzyme-labelled antibodies) were provided. While, RT-PCR is not suitable for routine diagnosis in remote areas where laboratory conditions have not been established. Virus isolation is essential for further detailed analytical studies.
(2) Dengue virus type 1,2, and 3 strains were isolated from patient's blood specimens, confirming that Nakhon Phanom is stil one of the dengue-hyperendemic areas.
(3) Among several cyotkines examined, IFN-gamma level was elevated more frequently in dengue patients, even in the acute phase, than FUO patients.
(4) Patients clinically diagnosed as dengue during dry season are probably infected with other agents.
(5) Many female adult Aedes aegypti were captured both in dry and rainy seasons, and most of them were black subspecies with abdominal dorsal tergal pattern 1. Unfortuantely, dengue virus genome was not detected in any of these mosquitoes, leaving the answer for virus susceptibility and hiding places of these mosquiatoes in future studies.
(6) Olyset net was selectively applied to those hiding places of Aedes aegypti, which were identified by the studies in dry season. Since such a selective application reduced the number of dengue vector mosquitoes, the method can be utilized for the effective control of dengue with limited amount of resources