Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Hokkaido University|
KOIDE Tatsuo Hokkaido University, Faculty of Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (70001823)
MACHII Teruhisa Hokkaido University, Center for Research and Development in Higher Education, Pr, 高等教育機能開発総合センター・生涯学習計画研究部, 教授 (60091500)
YOKOI Tosiro ditto, Assistant Professor, 教育学部, 助手 (40250401)
AOKI Osamu ditto, Associate Professor, 教育学部, 助教授 (80125484)
KIMURA Yasusige Hokkaido University, Faculty of Education, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (40003959)
李 得基 韓国, 江南大学, 教授
STEVENS D. ポートランド州立大学, 教育学部, 助教授
STEINBERGER イー ポートランド州立大学, 教育学部, 助教授
CHEUOWETH T. ポートランド州立大学, 教育学部, 助教授
尹 徹慶 韓国青少年ボランティアセンター, 研究員
金 英宇 公州大学, 大学院長, 大学院長 教授
李 圭煥 韓国教育研究所, 所長
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
|Keywords||High School / Educational Reform / Equality / Public Nature / School-to-Work / Responsibility / Comparative Education / Career Education / 韓国 / アメリカ|
(1) This is a comparative study on the conditions of high school reforms in Japan, Korea and USA.By the term "conditions" we focus on four principles such as "Diversity", "Equality", "Public Nature" and "Responsibility".
(2) The assumptions were that those principles would be sure to appear in current reforms of high schools. These assumptions have been proved in this research. Especially in USA those principles are emerging all over in high schools. In School-to-Work initiatives in US,which are the leading movement of education reforms in 1990s, those principles have taken their definite forms.
(3) Our findings in USA were that the principle of "Diversity" does not mean which tracking a student chooses, a way to university or a way to work. It means a variety of path ways of vocational career every student chooses in future.
(4) Also, the principle of "Equality" does not mean the division as was seen in former tracking system of American high schools. "Equality" means that every high sch
ool has to assure every student the fundamental general and career education which allows them to choose, either a way to works or a way to higher education.
(5) In the school-to-work initiatives many high schools have created extensive networks with outside world, e.g. work-based learning, community-based school and school-business partnership. This extention means expantion of public nature of school and assures realization of the principles such as "Diversity" and "Equality".
(6) In this movement responsibilities are shared among school and communities. School administrators, teaching and certified staffs, parents, educational resources in the local communitity, members of businesses and public servants of agents form a wide network which shares the responsibilities for rearing high school students. This relationship does not directly mean "accountability". Responsibility means mutual and two-way relationship.
(7) To conclude we strongly believe in further joint research to deepen the meaning of this research projects. Less