AZARIAH J. マドラス大学, 動物学部, 教授
LEAVITT F J. ベン, グリオン大学・健康科学学部, 講師(研究員)
CHEE H.L. パータニアン大学, 生医学健康科学学部, 講師
LEAVITT F.J. ベン, グリオン大学・健康科学学部, 講師(研究員)
LEAVITT Frank J. Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Faculty of Health Sciences, Lecturer
AZARIAH Jayapaul University of Madras, Department of Zoology, Professor and Head
CHEE Heng Leng Pertanian University of Malaysia, Faculty of Biomedical and Health Sciences, Dep
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
1. Built up a network of bioethics researchers in Asia between the different countries visited by investigators in this project, namely, India, Israel (including Palestinian National Authority), Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey.
2. Through organising international meetings extended this network to other countries of Asia and the Pacific, and also included interested persons from Western countries.
3. Conducted surveys on environmental conditions, including noise and water pollution in the countries visited. Interviewed persons in countries visited about bioethics issues.
4. The Center for Asian and International Bioethics was formally established at Ben Gurion University of the Nege in 1997 (Frank Leavitt, Director), and two international workshops on Israel in Asian Bioethics were held (June 1997, August 1998). Additional meetings were held to discuss bioethics issues with researchers in Israel and Palestinian Autonomous Regions.
5. The All India Bioethics Associa
tion was founded in 1997 (Jayapaul Azariah, President), and a three series of international bioethics meetings were held in cities across India [January 1997 (Ahmedabad, Madras, Bangalore, Cochin), January 1998 (Madras, Salem, Bangalore, Ahmednagar, Delhi), January 1999 (Mysore, Madras)]. There were additional visits to other towns and cities to discuss bioethics with local persons.
6. The International Bioethics Resource Center was established in 1997 at the University of Tsukuba together with Eubios Ethics institute (Darryl Macer, Director), and a database is being maintained and data being presented in the Eubios Journal of Asian and International Bioethics [on-line <http : //www.biol.tsukuba.ac.jp/-macer/EJAIB.html>.
7. Three Tsukuba International Bioethics Roundtables were held (Oct. 1996, Oct. 1997, Nov 1998). Increasing numbers of Japanese and foreign researchers attended these meetings, and results were also presented at other meetings in Japan (in Kyoto, Kobe, Fukui, and Tokyo).
8. A bioethics roundtable on Asian Bioethics was held in Ankara, Turkey (August 1998).
9. The results of the project were discussed with Japanese and foreign researchers, and presented in several conferences. Less