Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
|Section||Joint Research .|
|Research Institution||Hamamatsu University School of Medicine|
OHNO Ryuzo Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (70093002)
王 伯銘 千葉大学, 医学部, 助手 (60223707)
栗山 一孝 長崎大学, 医学部, 講師 (90128174)
NAOE Tomoki Nagoya University School of Medicine, Assoc.Prof., 医学部, 助教授 (50217634)
朝長 万左男 長崎大学, 医学部, 教授 (40100854)
DEGOS Lauren パリ大学, 医学部, 教授
REES John K University of Cambridge, School of Medicine, Lecturer, 医学部, 講師
BURNETT Alan University of Wales, School of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授
REES John k ケンブリッジ大学, 医学部, 講師
HOROWITZ Mar ウィスコンシン医科大学, 教授
DEGOS Laurent University of Paris, School of Medicine, Professor
HOROWITZ Mary Medical College of Wisconsin, Professor
|Project Fiscal Year
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥3,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,200,000)
|Keywords||acute leukemia / chemotherapy / bone marrow transplantation / differentiation therapy / matched-pair analysis / meta-analysis / JALSG / acute promyelocytic leukemia / 急性白血病 / 化学療法 / 骨髄移植療法 / 分化誘導療法 / マッチドペアアナリシス / メタアナリシス / 急性前骨髄球性白血病 / 急性リンパ性白血病 / 急性骨髄性白血病 / メタアナリス / IBMTR / MRC|
In this study, we compared the treatment results of the Japan Adult Leukemia Study Group (JALSG) with those of the International Bone Marrow Transplantation Registry (IBMTR) and of several international leukemia study groups by a matched-pair analysis or a meta-analysis for the best treatment of acute leukemia.
(1) Data on leukemia patients who had been treated with several protocols of JALSG were sent to the IBMTR statistical center in USA and the MRC statistical center in UK through E-mail, FAX and floppy discs.
(2) Japanese investigators visited IBMTR・and participated in the matched-pair analysis of JALSG's adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients with IBMTR's patients who received BMT.The results were accepted for publication in Bone Marrow Transplantation.
(3) Japanese investigators visited the MRC statistical center in UK and participated in the meta-analysis of leukemia patients from leading leukemia study groups in the world including JALSG,and the results on G-CSF is in preparation for publication. However, the results on chemotherapy need more discussion including item definition proposed by WHO,which will continue further.
(4) Japanese investigators visited University of Paris and had a discussion on the differentiation therapy of acute promyelocytic leukemia including the basic mechanism why the differentiationtherapy is effective only for this leukemia.
(5) The result of a study concomitantly done for chronic myeloid leukemia was published in the Journal of National Cancer Institute.