JOHNSON R.C. アメリカ, ミネソタ大学・医学部, 教授
FUKUNAGA Masahito School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Fukuyama University, Professor, 薬学部, 教授 (20132483)
MIYAMOTO Kenji Asahikawa Medical Collge, Associate Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (30091581)
WATANABE Haruo Bacteriology Division, National Institute of Health of Japan, , Director, 細菌部, 部長 (70142130)
KAWABATA Masato Medical School, University of Kobe, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (30175294)
BERGSTROM Sven A Medical School, University of Umea, Sweden, Professor
SIMOM Markus M Division of Immunobiology, Max-Planck Institute, Germany, Professor
BARANTON Gut Dept.of Molecular Medical Bacteriology, Pasteur Institute, France, Professor
WILSKE Bettina Pettenkofer Institute, University of Munich, Germany, Professor
KORENBERG Edward I Gamaleya Institute, Russian Academy of Medical Science, Russia, Professor
JOHNSON Russell C Medical School, University of Minnesota, U.S.A., Professor
BERGSTROM S スェーデン, ウメーオ大学・医学部, 教授
SIMON M.M. ドイツ, マックス・ブランク研究所, 教授
BARANTON G. フランス, パスツール研究所, 教授
WILSKE B. ドイツ, ミュンヘン大学ペッテンコーファー研究所, 教授
KORENBERG E. ロシア, ガマレーヤ研究所, 教授
JOHNSON R.C アメリカ, ミネソタ大学・医学部, 教授
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,500,000)
1. From Japanese ixodid ticks, new species borreliae were identified as B.miyamotoi, B.tanuki, and B.turdae by genetic analyzes of rRNA and flagellin genes.
2. Phylogenetic tree of genus Borrelia was constructed from flagellin gene sequences and B.Miyamotoi originated from I.persulcatus is related to relapsing fever borreliae.
3. Aetiologic agents of Lyme disease were B.burgdorferi sensu stricto, B.garinii and B.afzelii. B.miyamotoi, B.t anuki and B.turdae might be non-pathogenic.
4. Expression of Osp C gene of Borrelia was suggested to relate to the infection and expression of pathogenicity.
5. Lyme disease borreliae is bound to galactosyl ceramide and glucosyl ceramide present on the surface of host cells. 41kDa flagellin protein, 61kDa HSP and 67kDa unknown protein participated borrelial adhesion in the course of infection.
6. OspC gene sequence among borreliae were highly divergent. The diversity might be functional in escape from host defense mechanism.
7. Development of classification method of borreliae among the same species was succeeded by using OspC-PCR-RFLP based on the genetic diversity. This method is applicable to epidemiological study as the molecular epidemiologic marker and is able to classification of mixed culture or multi-infected patient.
8. Genetic characteristics of Lyme diseae borreliae in Far East Asia were different from European and American-type borreliae. In Japan dominant species of Lyme disease was B.garinii and suggested to be transmitted from Russia.