|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Ochanomizu University(1998)|
University of Library and Information Science(1996-1997)
MASUNAGA Yoshifumi Ochanomizu U. Dept of Inf. Sci. Professor, 理学部, 教授 (70006261)
KITAGAWA Hiroyuki Tsukuba U. Inst. of Elect. And Inf. Eng. Professor, 電子情報工学系, 教授 (00204876)
KANAMORI Yoshinari Gunma U. Dept of Inf. Eng. Professor, 工学部, 教授 (20006266)
KANBAYASHI Yahiko Kyoto U. Graduate School of Inf. Professor, 情報学研究科, 教授 (00026311)
IMAI Hiroshi U. of Tokyo Grad. School of Sci, Assoc. Professor, 理学系研究科, 助教授 (80183010)
YOSHIKAWA Masatoshi NAIST Grad. School of Lnf. Assoc. Professor, 情報科学研究科, 助教授 (30182736)
古川 哲也 九州大学, 経済学部, 助教授 (00209165)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥209,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥209,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥71,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥71,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥70,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥70,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥67,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥67,700,000)
|Keywords||database / cooperative work support / virtual reality / view / media / distributed system / geographic information / structured document / グループウェア / 分数協調 / 時空間 / グループウエア / 分散協調 / 利用者インタフェース / 仮想実験室 / オブジェクト指向 / 並行処理 / 情報資源統合|
In order to provide new database functions for cooperative work support, we have been developing a new generation database management system from both theoretical and practical point of view. W emphasized particularly the following research topics such as the research and development of the realization of a virtual database space for cooperative work, the research and development of a high level database view function for the similar purpose, and the research and development of an integrated environment of distributed media. More precisely, the following results are obtained :
(1) It was shown that an integration of virtual reality systems and an object-oriented system can provide a virtual cooperative database work space.
(2) It was shown that by extending the traditional view concept, a cooperative work support can he realized. Also, a new concurrency control mechanism was shown for higher cooperation.
(3) New database functions for cooperative work support for image processing and computer assisted learning were shown.
(4) System integration techniques were made clear for the integration of structured documents and web. Also a mobile web search engine was developed.
(5) A high level user interface for geographic database system was developed.