Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Priority Areas (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka University|
HANAOKA Fumio Osaka Univ., IMCB, Professor, 細胞生体工学センター, 教授 (50012670)
MAKI Hisaji Nara Inst. Sci. Tech., Professor, バイオ, 教授 (20199649)
SHINAGAWA Hideo Osaka Univ., RIMD, Professor, 微生物病研究所, 教授 (40029799)
TANAKA Kiyoji Osaka Univ., IMCB, Professor, 細胞生体工学センター, 教授 (80144450)
YANAGIDA Mitsuhiro Kyoto Univ., Grad. Sch. Sci., Professor, 大学院・生命科学研究科, 教授 (80025428)
YASUI Akira Tohoku Univ., IDAC, Professor, 加齢医学研究所, 教授 (60191110)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2001)
|Budget Amount *help
¥208,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥208,900,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥23,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥23,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥58,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥58,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥54,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥54,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥68,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥68,600,000)
|Keywords||DNA repair / Nucleotide excision repair / Recombination repair / Homologous recombination / Mutagenesis / Carcinogenesis / Genetic disease / 組換之修復 / 相同的組換之|
We have studied various DNA repair mechanisms and the consequence of their defects from molecular to organism level. We categorized our studies into the following three subjects.
1. Mechanisms of excision repair and molecular consequence of their defects.
2. Mechanisms of homologous recombination and recombination repair.
3. Molecular mechanisms of mutagenesis.
In order to support this research project effectively, the advisory committee has conducted the following activities.
1. We have financially supported a couple of research groups, when we found that it is better to support them with respect to the progress bf those research areas.
2. We have published research forums and had meetings with all the members in order to facilitate exchange of information.
3. We have financially supported related two workshops, which have been held annually. One is "Workshop on Genetic Recombination and Its Regulation", and the other is "Workshop on DNA Repair and Mutagenesis".
4. We have held advisory committee twice per year in order to evaluate the outcomes of the research groups and to obtain suggestions for future research direction.
5. We have supported researchers to attend international meetings. We have also invited foreign researchers to Japan in order to facilitate the exchange of information.
6. We have published at the final year a book, which describes research activities of all the members of this project including the list of related publications and copies of their representative paper.