Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY|
YOSHITANI Takeshi Kyushu University, Graduate School of Human-Environment Studies, Associate Professor., 大学院・人間環境学研究科, 助教授 (60182747)
EBUCHI Kazuhiro The University of the Air, Profesor, 教養学部, 教授 (60036845)
TAMAMOTO Masayo Momoyamagakuin University, Faculty of Letters, Professor., 文学部, 教授 (40230586)
SATO Gunei Tokyo Gakugei University, Center of Overseas Children, Professor, 海外子女教育センター, 教授 (20205909)
KOJIMA Masaru Ryukoku University, Faculty of Letters, Professor., 文学部, 教授 (40140123)
HONNA Nobuyuki Aoyama Gakuin University, School of International Politics, Economics and Busine, 国際政治経済学部, 教授 (20079453)
|Project Fiscal Year
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥3,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,100,000)
|Keywords||Intercultural education / Education of overseas children / Education of international student / Japanese language education / Education for intercultural understanding / Multicultural education / Education of foreign children in Japan / Bilingual education / 異文化間教育 / 海外・帰国子女教育 / 留学生教育 / 日本語教育 / 異文化理解教育 / 在日外国人教育 / 多文化教育 / バイリンガル教育 / 多分化教育 / 移民教育|
The aim of this research is to look for the trend towards and possibilities of the establishment of Intercultural Education as an independent field of Academic Study.
In concrete terms,
1. To integrate and put in order the results of research done across the varied fields of Intercultural Education Research, and to examine the theoretical framework for their mutual relationships.
2. To examine the systemization of the information and techniques gathered until the present about Intercultural Education through the analysis of this framework work.
3. To make clear the closeness of the relationships of the varied fields of Intercultural Education Theory ; such as Educational Studies, Psychology, Linguistics, Anthropology, and Communication Theory.
4. This research also aims to equally make clear not only the theoretical significance of Intercultural Education Theory, but also the practical significance of this theory.
In this year, which falls on the final year of this planned three-year project, I aim to systemise the changes in International Education Theory as I compile and order all the data collected since year one.
1. Based on the analysis of this data collection, I plan to continue the arrangement and integration of the results of research into each in these various fields of Intercultural Education, such as Overseas-Returning Children Education, Foreign Student Education, Education for Intercultural Understanding, Japanese Language Education, Education of Foreign Nationals' Children, etc.
2. To create a Bibliographical list of important Literature based on this framework.
3. The creation and improvement of a framework geared towards a database of the compiled data.
The results of this research are made available in the following tow forms to anyone who is concerned with the above subjects : (a) an annotated bibliography of this field of research (database) ; (b) a final report of the overall research outcome which includes 15 papers (published in March, 1999).