Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
General mathematics (including Probability theory/Statistical mathematics)
|Research Institution||KYUSYU UNIVERSITY|
NAKAO Mitsyhiro KYUSYU UNIVERSITY Graduate School of Mathematics, Professor, 大学院・数理学研究科, 教授 (10136418)
YAMAMOTO Tetsuro Ehime University, Mathematics, professor, 理学部, 教授 (80034560)
MORI Masatake Kyoto University, Res.Inst.Math.Sci., professor, 数理解析研究所, 教授 (20010936)
MUROTA Kazuo Kyoto University, Res.Inst.Math.Sci., professor, 数理解析研究所, 教授 (50134466)
NISHIDA Takaaki Kyoto University, Mathematics, Professor, 大学院・理学研究科, 教授 (70026110)
USHIJIMA Teruo Univ.Elec.Comm., Computer Science, Professor, 電気通信学部, 教授 (10012410)
伊理 正夫 中央大学, 理工学部, 教授 (40010722)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥4,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,900,000)
|Keywords||Numerical analysis / Numerical solution of PDEs / Mathematical analysis for nonlinear phenomena / Validated computation / 科学計算 / 有限要素法 / 非線形問題|
In this research, we extended and improved the general and existing numerical methods as well as analyzed and developed some new methods for the numerical analysis for individual mathematical problems appeared in the natural phenomena. The important research results done by investigators and co-investigators are as follows :
1. (by Nakao) Several refinements were established for the numerical verification methods of solutions for elliptic problems. And the basic formulation and some numerical results were obtained for the eigenvalue problems of second order elliptic operator. Moreover, some a posteriori and constructive a priori error estimates for the finite element solutions of the Stokes problems, which is a preliminary result for the verified computation of solutions for the Navier-Stokes equation.
2. (by Ishihara) The convergence analysis was done on some iterative method for nonlinear equations.
3. (by Iso) A practically efficient technique was established for the ill-posed problems by using the boundary element method.
4. (by Ushijima) Using Steklov operator, several results of mathematical and numerical analysis were derived for the finite element approximation of the infinite dimensional problems.
5. (by Ohtsuka) The modelization and analysis were carried out for the fracture phenomena.
6. (by Tadata) The accurate computational method for the drag and lift coefficients was obtained for the Navier-Stokes equations.
7. (by Mori and Sugihara) Double exponential formula was studied with application to the Sinc approximation of functions as well as several kinds of difference schemes for PDEs were analyzed.
8. (by Nishida) Some bifurcation phenomena were studied by the computer assisted proof.
9. (by Murota) The method of discrete convex analysis was established for the nonlinear optimization.
10. (by Yamamoto) Some mathematical results were established for nonlinear SOR method.