Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Tohoku University|
ISHIDA Kiyohito Tohoku University, Graduate School of Engineering, Professor, 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (20151368)
TANAKA Toshihiro Osaka University, Graduate School of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (10179773)
UMEMOTO Minoru Toyohashi University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Engineering, Professo, 工学部, 教授 (90111921)
NAKAJIMA Hideo Osaka University, The Institute of Scientific and Industrial Research, Professor, 産業科学研究所, 教授 (30134042)
ENOMOTO Masato Ibaraki University, Faculty of Engineering, Professor, 工学部, 教授 (70241742)
OHTANI Hiroshi Tohoku University, Center for Interdisciplinary Research, Associate Professor, 学際科学研究センター, 助教授 (70176923)
長谷部 光弘 九州工業大学, 工学部, 助教授 (70005552)
岡本 紘昭 朝日大学, 経営学部, 教授 (40233382)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥4,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥4,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,500,000)
|Keywords||Steel / Database / Diffusion coefficient / Diffusion al Transformation / Phase Diagram / Microalloying Steel / Thermo-Mechanical Treatment / Computer Simulation / 計算機支援|
Computer-assisted system for microstructural design and control of steels has been developed, which is concerned with (i) construction of database of physical properties and (ii) computation al approach of kinetics of phase transformation. The results obtained are as follows.
1. The database on phase diagrams of iron base alloys has been constructed. The related papers after 1990 are collected which combines with the previous compilations by ASM International. This information is available for world -wide database service on the Internet by the use of an object-oriented database system MOOD.
2. The database on diffusion coefficient of iron base alloys has been constructed. The relation between diffusion coefficients and melting point is analyzed. This method is useful for the estimation of diffusion data where there is no experimental information.
3. The databease on the surface energy and viscosity of liquid phase in iron alloys has been constructed. The computational method of estimating surface energy is also presented.
4. The interaction between C and alloying elements in ferrite is evaluated and it strongly affects the creep strength of carbon steels.
5. Phase decomposition is predicted by computer simulation based on non-linear diffusion equation.
6. Effect of magnetic and chemical ordering on phase equilibria is clarified. It is shown that the interaction between magnetic and chemical ordering significantly affects the phase stability.
7. Solute drag effect is quantitatively analyzed when the grain boundary is moving.
8. The relation between mean grain radii and volume fractions of alpha and beta phases of dual-phase is established.