Developing Speech Communication Skills for Reducing Bullying
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||National Institute for Educational Research of Japan |
ARIMOTO Hidefumi National Institute for Educational Research (NIER), Department of Educational Content, Chief Researcher, 教科教育研究部, 室長 (40241228)
TODA Yoshiharu NIER,Dept.of Educational Content, Researcher, 教科教育研究部, 研究員 (50207586)
KUDO Bunzou NIER,Dept.of Educational Content, Chief Researcher, 教科教育研究部, 室長 (30231096)
MINAMI Yasusuke Seijo Univ., Dept.of Literature, Lecturer, 文芸学部, 専任講師 (10266207)
MORO Yuji Tukuba Univ., Dept.of Psychology, Associate Prof., 心理学系, 助教授 (50157939)
UENO Naoki NIER,Dept.of Teaching and Guidance, Chief Researcher, 教育指導研究部, 室長 (40124177)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed (Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost: ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,500,000)
|Keywords||bullying / self assertion / discussion / personal computer / speech communication / speech / role-playing / ロールプレイング|
Research results are as follows.
1. We conducted nineteen classrooms teaching by fifteen teachers for reducing bullying. Contents of classrooms are speech, discussion, role-playing and peer conselling.
2. I visited Dr.Peter Smith and Dr.Helen Cowie in U.K.for review of our project. They made critical comments on our project. I also visited two schools and interviewed teachers and counsellors who are involved in anti-bullying projects.
3. We developed four multimedia software for reducing bullying. Videos, sounds and animation for instruction are included in the software.
Contents of four software are as follows.
(1) Thinking about bullying : Secondary school students play role-playing of bullying and discussing how to cope with bullying.
(2) What will you do when you are bullied? : Primary school students are discussing about how to cope with bullying.
(3) How to make a consensus? : Discussing about decision making based on role-playing in a Australian classroom.
(4) Let's discuss about bullying. : Discussing about bullying based on a discussion in a Australian classroom.
4. We published reports on our project.
Contents are as follows.
(1) About multimedia software : We described about four software and how to use these software effectively.
(2) Classrooms for reducing bullying : Reports about nineteen classrooms for reducing bulling including theory, method and contents.
(3) Articles : Two articles about theoretical background and method for analyzing classrooms and results of analysis.
Report (3 results)
Research Products (6 results)