DEVELOPMENT OF BREEDING TECHNIQUES OF BOLETACEAE USING BIOTECHNOLOGY
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants |
|Research Institution||SHINSHU UNIVERSITY |
OHMASA Masatake SHINSHU UNIV.AGRICULTURE PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (60281036)
SUZUKI Kazuo TOKYO UINV.AGRICULTURE,PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (80162931)
FUKUDA Masaki SHINSHU UNIV.AGRICULTURE,ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 農学部, 助教授 (40208963)
SHIBATA Hisao SHINSHU UNIV.AGRICULTURE,PROFESSOR, 農学部, 教授 (40026430)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed (Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,900,000 (Direct Cost: ¥7,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998: ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost: ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997: ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1996: ¥4,100,000 (Direct Cost: ¥4,100,000)
|Keywords||BOLETACEAE / PROTOPLAST / REGENERATION OF PROTOPLAST / MUTATION / CUTURE CONDITION / MYCORRHIZAL FORMATION / MOLECULAR PHYLOGENY / MACROLIDE PHENOLIC COMPOUND / ハナイグチ / ヌメリイグチ / アミハナイグチ / 形態変異 / 細胞学 / マイクロライドフェノール性物質 / ミトコンドリアDNA / RFLP / 培地成分 / 菌根 / 合成培地|
1) We developed techniques for preparation of protoplasts of three mycorrhizal fungi of Boletaceae ; Suillus grevillei, Suillus luteus and Boletinus cavipes.
2) We developed techniques for regeneration of protoplasts of the three fungi. We found that, in general, agar is not good for protoplast regeneration of these fungi, and gellan gum is better.
3) We studied the effects of various substances such as carbohydrates, amino acids and related compounds on the growth of the three fungi using Ohta medium as the basal medium.
4) We collected 26 wild strains of Boletaceae.
5) We studied the phylogeny of 11 wild strains of Suillus grevillei collected from various region of Japan using RFLP of mitochondrial DNA and found that 11 strains could be grouped into 3 types.
6) We studied morphology and oxidase activities of regenerated strains of protoplasts of Suillus luteus and found many mutations appeared.
7) We studied the cytology of Suillus luteus.
8) We conclude that it is possible to breed these three fungi using protoplast techniques.
9) We succeeded to produce mycorrhiza by inoculating sterilly grown seedling of Pinua densiflora with liquid cultures of Suillus grevillei and Suillus luteus.
10) We extracted a novel macrolide phenolic compound from fruiting bodies of Boletus ornatipes and determined the chemical structure of the compound and named it as "ornatipolide".
Report (4 results)
Research Products (26 results)