Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Research Institution||Kagoshima University|
YONEZAWA Suguru Faculty of Medicine Kagoshima University, Associate Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (10175002)
MARUYAMA Ikuro Faculty of Medicine Kagoshima University, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (20082282)
MATSUSHITA Yoshifumi Faculty of Medicine Kagoshima University, Research Associate, 医学部, 助手 (90244227)
SATO Eiichi Faculty of Medicine Kagoshima University, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (60004579)
|Project Fiscal Year
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥3,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,900,000)
|Keywords||Thrombomodulin / Squamous cell carcinoma / Adenocarcinoma / MUC1 mucin / MUC2 mucin / MUC5AC mucin / Sialic acid / Prognosis of patient carrying cancer / トロンボモジュリン / 扁平上皮癌 / 腺癌 / MUC1ムチン / MUC2ムチン / MUC5ACムチン / シアル酸 / 癌患者の予後 / ムチン / 食道癌 / 消化器癌 / in situ hybridization / 肺癌 / ムチン抗原|
1. Squamous cell carcinoma
(1) Esophageal squamous cell carcinoma (S CC) cell lines produced the same thrombomodulin (TM) molecule as human endothelial cell line. The TM-low-expressing esophageal SCC cells expressed high invasiveness than TM-high-expressing esophageal SCC cells.
(2) In SCCs of oral cavity and lung, the tumor cells that were positive for TM expression were significantly rarer in the lymph node metastatic lesions than in the primary tumors.
(3) In SCCs of pharynx and larynx, and of esophagus, sialylated MUC1 mucin (DF3 antigen) was an effective tumor marker. The expression of sialyl oligosaccharides of DF3 antigen was related to poor prognosis in esophageal SCCs.
(1) Even in the expansive growth type tumors of pancreas and intrahepatic bile duct, invasive growth areas of the tumors acquire a characteristic of MUC1 mucin expression that is usually seen in the invasive growth type tumors.
(2) In situ hybridization study disclosed that MUC2 mucin expression in m
ost of expansive growth type tumors of pancreas and intrahepatic bile duct was regulated by MUC2mRNA.Patients with positive MUC2mRNA expression in the tumors showed significantly better survival than those with negative MUC2mRNA expression in the tumors.
(3) Patterns of MUC5AC (gastric type) and MUC2 (intestinal type) gene expression in "mucin producing tumors of the pancreas (MPTs)", which usually reveal less invasive growth, showed variety among the subtypes of MPTs.
(4) In the tumors of pancreas and intrahepatic bile duct, sialic acid epitope of MUC1 mucin seems to play an important role in the invasion growth.
(5) In carcinomas of ampulla of Vater and stomach, the patients with MUC1(+) expression showed poorer outcome than those with MUC1(-) expression, whereas the patients with MUC2(+) expression showed more favorable outcome than those with MUC2(-) expression.
(6) Significant reduction of pericryptal fibroblast sheath in colorectal epithelial neoplasms reflects progression in the adenoma-carcinoma sequence. Less