A Research on Development of Teaching Materials in Folk Entertainments
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Kobe University|
IWAI Masahiro Faculty of Human Development Kobe University, Professor, 発達科学部, 教授 (80036392)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥4,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥2,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,700,000)
|Keywords||folk entertainments / audiovisual teaching materials / Kuroshio current route / Yosakoi festival / Hanatori-Odori (dance) / Shika-Odori (deer dance) / Awa-Odori (dance) / transmission / propagation / transfiguration / creation / 伝承・伝播・創造|
Results of research study in 1996-1997 are following.
1. It is important to seize a folk entertainment not point but line. So, we can understand the meaning.
2. We can not understand a folk entertainment to apart from life, habit, language, labor, faith and sex of inhabitants.
3. "Gari" (Yaeyama region), "Kuichya" (Miyako island), "Kachyashi" (Okinawa island), "Rikuchyo" (Amami island) are folk entertainments an Ryukyu arc, southern Japan. These folk entertainments succeeded in a line on the same character from "Gari" to "Rokucho", and "Haiya-bushi" of west coast of Kyushyu and "Awa-Odori (dance)" of Tokushima Pref. are the same. They are group dance boisterous dance, free dance and throwing up their arms. I discussed they are in a line of the Kuroshio current route.
4. "Awa-Odori" influenced "Yosakoi-matsuri (festival)"in Kochi city faced to the Pacific Ocean (the Kuroshio current route).
Furthermore "Yosakoi-matsuri" propagated Hokkaido and created "Yosakoi-Soran matsuri (festival)". This
festival propagated not by sea or river or road transmission but by airplane from Kochi city to Sapporo city, Hokkaido. It changed traditional propagation in Japan. "Awa-Odori" (Tokushima city) propagated the whole country, so created "Tokyo Awa-Odori" at koenji, Suginami-ku, Tokyo metropolitan. And koenji is the place of dispatch now.
5. "Shika-Odori (deer dance)" of Miyagi Pref. propagated to Uwajima region, Ehime Pref.. Shike-Odori of Uwajima region brought on a change music elements, for example, tempo, expression. These results tell us that transmission and propagation re-creat new folk entertainments, and they influence from region effects.
6. Inhabitants of basin of Shimanto river (Kochi Pref.) hand down folk entertainments under depopulation. They performance common folk entertainments "Hanatori-Odori (dance)". This is the example that folk entertainments linked life of inhabitants.
I plan to research the Kuroshio current route extend to southern region of Japan, and make clear domestic region's propagation route. Less
Research Products (6results)