Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||University of Tsukuba|
NAKAYAMA Kazuhiko University of Tsukuba Professor of Emeritus, 名誉教授 (50091913)
HORIE Yoshikazu Natural History Museum and Institute, Chiba Chief Researcher, 研究科長 (40092093)
SUZUKI Zenji Osaka University of Education Professor, 教授 (10035165)
YAMANOI Kazuo Tsukuba Women's University Instructor, 講師 (70230521)
YODEN Yoshihiko Tsukuba Women's University Assistant Professor, 助教授 (20191653)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥15,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥15,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥5,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥8,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,000,000)
|Keywords||Environmental Education / Museum / Informal education / Internet / WWW / Material Development / Information Center / Virtual Reality / 自然系博物館 / 情報システム / バーチャルミュージアム / 生涯教育 / 教材開発|
With 2 days weekend becoming more accepted around the society, museums become to be expected to play the role of societal educational institute. Also, with the recognition of the importance of environmental education becomes more visible, museums become to be expected to take a part of the role in environmental education. This study focused on the items, which concerns about following 2 points.
1 Analysis of the content and the method of environmental education at museums.
(1) Conducted a research and analysis regarding the current situation of this theme around the world.
(2) Conducted a discussion on how the actual environment education can be carried out at museums content, method and audience based on the findings of the above research.
(3) Held a seminar and workshop inviting environmental educators at museums in the USA.
(4) Developed a module style educational material that would be used in the actual education.
(5) Conducted a survey to museum visitors on their expectations on the environmental education at museums.
(6) Held a seminar at museums for environmental education teachers and studied the affect,
2 Analysis of the possibility of development of information system for environmental education support cente red in museums and its effectiveness.
(1) Development of soft program and fundamental experiment for implementing virtual reality method as a way to introduce visual images in case museums would use Internet and play a role to send information as WWW server.
(2) Collected information from WWW server, converted into digital images and organized them into data base.
(3) Based on the outcomes of the above research, supported to install a WWW server at Museum Park (Nature museum Ibaraki Prefecture) and opened to the public.