Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Biomedical engineering/Biological material science
|Research Institution||Nagoya University|
KOBAYASHI Kazukiyo Nagoya University, Graduate School of Engineering, Professor, 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (10023483)
USUI Taichi Shizuoka University, School of Agriculture, Professor, 農学部, 教授 (50111802)
AKAIKE Toshihiro Tokyo Institute of Technology, Faculty of Bioscience and Technology, Professor, 生命理工学部, 教授 (30101207)
NISHIDA Yoshihiro Nagoya University, Graduate School of Engineering, Associate Professor (80183896)
MATSUURA Kazunori Nagoya University, Graduate School of Engineering, Assistant Professor (60283389)
YURA Hirofumi Nehtech, Co.ltd, Senior Research Scientist
後藤 光昭 (株)ネーテック, 技術部長兼主任研究員
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥7,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥5,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,800,000)
|Keywords||Polymer / Glycotechnology / Recognition / Materials Life Science / Influenza Virus|
1. Molecular Design of Artificial Glycoconjugate Polymers
(1) A convenient synthetic route has been developed to introduce biologically important, complex oligosaccharides to give the corresponding glycopolymers.
(2) Rod-like conformation of amphiphilic glycopolymers in water was determined by means ol small-angle X-ray diffraction.
(3) Strong adsorption behaviors of amphiphilic glycopolymers onto hydrophobic surface were analyzed with quartz crystal microbalance.
(4) Cluster effect in glyco recognition.
2. Applications of Glycopolymers to Materials Biotechnology
(I) Inhibition of influenza virus infection.
(2) Quantitative detection of galactose transferase by GlcNAc-carrying polymer.
(3) Production of antibody by sialyldisaccharide-carrying glycopolymers.
(4) limmobilization of low-molecular weight proteins.