|Budget Amount *help
¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Objectives of this study are as following. One is to examine the differences in needs for welfare among people in a community by the differences in social conditions, environmental aspects, conditions in each family. Another is, to consider what are necessary to improve the welfare for the aged living alone in an underpopulated area. Findings. which people in the area desire, areas following.
1. Desirable as a policy is to activate the economy, in other words, maintainin job opportunities, rather than to improve social welfare.
2. Desirables in order to improve the care work for the aged are that the family is centered and that the care work by the family is supported by a public administration.
3. It has no relation between having a desire that people want to live continiousy in the place where they are currently Living in and having a hope that the welfare in the area is improvod.
The important point for the aged living by themselves is communication with people, around them, and the followings are found by the case analysis, in this study.
1. Opportunities to interact with each other have decreased even in a farm village, and in such a condition, a short and fun talk in a bus going to a hospital or in awaiting room in a hospital become a great pleasure for the aged.
2. The welfare plan become more important even for the the aged who are not included in the plan as an object.
3. Althongh it is difficult to execute such a plan completely with a voluntary group in a comnunty, there is a possibility to develop a plan very effectively with small budget.
4. Smaller the consciousness toward the community among people, larger the necessity of a policy in rural community village in order to maintain safeties for the aged.
From the findings above, it becomes clear that a way to execute a welfare policy is different in each society, and that the differences in conditions for a welfare policy among societies must be focused.