|Budget Amount *help
¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
The results of the present research project are classified by the following three categories.
1. Investigation on the universal seesaw model (USM) :
(1) We have found that the USM can reply the question of why only top quark aquires the mass m_t of the order of the electroweak scale A_L : Z.Phys.C71, (1996).
(2) We hae obtained the analytical expressions of the democratic seesaw mass matrix model : Prog, Theor, Phys.97, (1997).
(3) We have found the abnormal structure of the right-handed weak currents in the new USM : Phys.Rev.D56, (1997).
(4) We have investigated the evolution of the gauge and Yukawa coupling constants in the USM : Phys.Rev.D58, (1998).
2. Neutrino phenomenology and quark and lepton unification models
We have proposed the following three models for the neutrino mass matrix : Phys.Rev.D57, (1998) ; Mod.Phys.Lett.All, (1996) ; Phys.Rev.D59, (1999). However, we still need further investigations of the models.
3. Related topics of the mass matrix theories.
(1) We have given the updated estimates of the running quark masses systematically : Phys.Rev.D57, (1998).
(2) We have proposed an S_3 Higgs model which gives a possible explanation of a charged lepton mass relation : Z.Phys.072, (1996).
(3) We have pointed out the inportance of the rephasing in the CKM matrix by demonstrating it for the case of the NNI mass matrix : Mod.Phys.A12, (1997).