Development of a magnetic actuator for an artificial heart
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Chiba University|
SAOTOME Hideo Chiba University, Faculty of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学部, 助教授 (50261938)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥300,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,400,000)
|Keywords||artificial heart / actuator / pump / metal magnet / 永久磁石応用|
This research has been carried out from 1996 to 1998 (fiscal years) and following results have been obtained.
1. Ring-shaped magnets have been manufactured. Nd-Fe-B material was used.
2. The structure of the actuator has been designed and manufactured.
3. A circulatory system model has been made. Measurement system for the actuator and the pump has been established with a torque meter, an encoder, a linear potentiometer, electronic circuits and a personal computer.
4. Evaluations of the actuator and the pump have been completed. The efficiency of the actuator is more than 90%. The efficiency of the pump is about 50%.
5. An improved driving method of the actuator has been worked out.
6. Total evaluation of the proposed system has been completed. It is found that the system output power reaches 0.2W which corresponds to the output of the human heart.
Research Products (7results)