Identification of Chemotherapy Utilizing Ultrasound for Malignant Bone and Soft Tissue Tumors
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||FUKUOKA UNIVERSITY|
ISAYAMA Teruto Fukuoka Univ., School of Medicine, Assoc.Prof., 医学部, 助教授 (90193234)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
|Keywords||malignant bone and soft tissue tumors / ultrasound / antitumor agent / sonosensitizing agent / heterotransplanted tumor / chemotherapy / matrigel / 骨肉腫|
1. Characterization of cultured cell lines : By histologic and biologic methods, two cultured cell lines using in this study were identified that they have been characteristic of original tumors.
2. Effectiveness of anti-cancer drugs and ultrasound exposure condition : The effect of ultrasound exposures on the cytotoxity of antitumor agents had been studied, It was found that 0.45 Watt/m^2, 317 kHz ultrasound enhanced the cellkilling potential of Cisplatin and Doxorubicin in the cultured cell lines.
3. Activation of metastatic potential in the cultured cells by ultrasound : In alone ultrasound exposure against murine tumors, numbers of metastatic lung lesions were not increased.
4. Effectiveness of antitumor agents and ultrasound exposure to heterotransplanted tumors : Based on the above results, heterotransplanted tumors were treated with ultrasound exposure after administration of an anti-cancer drug. Necrotic rate of the heterotransplanted tumors was over 90%. Furher, ultrasound was ob
served to increase the sensitivity of tumor cells to Doxorubicin as well as those of sonosensitizing drugs (Photofrin, ATX-70, Rose Bengal).
5. Combination of sonosensitizing agents and antitumor agents : The most effect method was initially administrated antitumor agents, and then exposured ultrasound after administration of sonosensitizing agents. Ultrasound-enhanced effect against tumor cells was observed on the combination of Doxorubicin and Rose Bengal.
6. Ultrasound-enhanced effects of chemotherapy against murine tumors : Small tumors (4 weeks after transplantation)was disappeared or decreased by a combination of chemotherapy and ultrasound exposure.
7. New chemotherapy against metastatic lung tumors : This study was designed to compare the final lung and serum concentration of doxorubicin and cisplatin by an isolated lung perfusion (ILP) model and a pulmonary venous interruption (PVI) model compared with systemic administration in the rat. Cisplatin and Doxorubicin levels in the lung were about three times concentration in the lung perfusion group as compared with those in the intravenous group. Less
Research Products (6results)