A Study on "Raison de vivre" of elder people and "Natural Play"
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Ibaraki University|
KUSAKA Yuko Ibaraki Iniversity, Faculty of Education, professor, 教育学部, 教授 (80177980)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥600,000)
|Keywords||elder people / "raison de vivre" / natural play / hiking / vandervogel / Onsen / Hiroshi Ichikawa / Yasuo Yuasa / identity / 湯浅泰雄 / ライフコース・ライフヒストリー / 生活価値観・余暇観 / 健康 / 人間関係・ふれあい|
This study considered the relationship between the "raison de vivre" and the "natural play" (hiking/ Wandervogel/Onsen) of elder people, refferring to the concepts of Soushi's "shoyo-yu" (the way of the peripatetic life of Taoizum), Elikson's "wisdom" and Kamiya's " raison de vivre", and the Ichikawa's and Yuasa's theorys of mind and body, using the verious methods including questionaires, partici-pation observations, interviews, notes/poems and videos. As a result, the following points were clarified.
l) Participants to hiking/Wandervogel have active life style and strong nature oriented leisure style compering with the general elder people.
2) There are at least three value consciousness in the "raison de vivre" of these people. Those are the health promotion by "expasion of living mind and body", the enlargement of his/her world by " involvement" in nature and other participants and the finding of new his/her own theme (the travel to selfidentity) by the impression in bodily sansation
3) Hiking/Wandervogel as a natural play have significant possiblity to link with the "raison de vivre of elder people.
4) The welfare (health/spa) center of elder people, the "Kur" house and travel to Onsen were the important factors of the "raison de vinre" and that of itself for elder people, in terms of that they satisfy the needs for the health, involvement in their friends and fun. The mind and body of elder people in these Onsen is related mainly to the Yuasa's first mind and body (information)/the "external world sense-activity" circuit system.
5) The "habit of Onsen" of elder people who live in Onsen area is deeply internalized as the memory of their mind and body in under-conscious level. And Onsen plays a important part of their "lives" itself and their daily living. The mind and body is related mainly to the second information circuit system of the "somesthesis" and the "coenesthesis".
6) The sympathetic conformity with Onsen and nature of elder people in the "Toji" (hot spring cure) is related mainly to the deepest level of mind and body, namely the third information circuit system of the "emortion-instinct". And mind and body enhance the function of the autonomic nervous system and the resuscitation of their natural healing power through the system.
7) The body sensation of nature around Onsen has the individualistic value which directically related to elder people's mind and body, namely the value of "life" or "natural life". And that is the important basic factor of mind and body for elder people's "raison de vinre" and the source of the feeling. Less
Research Output (15results)