|Budget Amount *help
¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥400,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
The aim of this study was to determine the physiological mechanism whic regulated a readjustment of circulatory system, when statistically contracting muscles of different limbs worked simultaneously. Brachial arterial and femoral arterial blood flow, blood pressure, skin blood flow and muscle oxygen ation were studied during the isolated static handgrip exercise (H) or plantar flexion (P), and combined both exercises in active women. During static H or P exercise at the intensities of 15%, 30% and 45% MVC,the blood flow increased due to the elevated blood pressure. However, the active muscle oxygen saturation decreased with the increase in exercise intensity and the post-exercise hyperaemia was augmented, suggesting the insufficiency of the oxygen supply. During combined exercises, which comprised P exercise at 30% MVC and H exercise either at 15% MVC or 45% MVC,the blood pressure, femoral arterial blood flow increased significantly when H exercise was 45%MVC,but not 15% MVC.The skin blood flow did not change significantly. The femoral artery conductance did not change significantly, therefore, the increased leg blood flow during combined P exercise with H exercise at 45% MVC will be attributable to the elevated blood pressure. Despite the leg blood flow increase, the calf muscle (medial gastrocnemius) oxygenation measured by near-infrared spectroscopy did not differ significantly compared to those during isolated exercise. These results suggest that the increased blood flow during combined exercise did not contribute to increase oxygen utilization of the muscle.