Climatic Change in Monsoon Asia and around North Atlantic Ocean through historical times
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Toyama University|
TAGAMI Yoshio Toyama University, Department of Geography, Professor, 教育学部, 教授 (50145661)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1997
Completed(Fiscal Year 1997)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||Climatic Change / Medieval Warm Period / Little Ice Age / Europe / Japan / El Nino / Data base / Internet / 歴史時代 / モンスーンアジア / 北大西洋|
Climate Change during historical times in Monsoon Asia and around North Atlantic Ocean is treated in this study. "Historical Climate Data Base" is continued to create and climate data are used from other past climate data base. Using them, climatic difference between "Medieval Warm Period" and "Little Ice Age" are compared. Some remarks of this study are as follows.
1. "Historical Climate Data Base"
Records of daily weather and climatic hazard are chosen from old diaries in the National Diet Library and many prefectural libraries. Those data are collected into this data base and weather data are incr eased not only in the recent age but also in middle age and old age.
2. Data exchange between other past climate data base in Japan and foreign countries
This Historical Climate Data Base can be used on internet. Their address (URL) is as follow : http : //edcgeo, edu.toyama-u.ac.jp.
3. Recent results on the climate change during historical times
Those are clarified on the climate change during historical times through this study.
1) It was warm in the "Medieval Warm Period" around Atlantic Ocean but it was not so clear in Japan.
2) Climate change in "Little Ice Age" of Japan correlates to the change of El Nino, but the relationship between climate and El Nino is not clear around Atlantic Ocean.
Research Products (4results)