STUDIES ON JAPANESE WORD ORDER AND DISCOURSE FUNCTIONS
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (C)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||UNIVERSITY OF TSUKUBA|
SUNAKAWA Yuriko INSTITUTE OF LITERATURE AND LINGUISTICS.UNIVERSITY OF TSUKUBA ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 文芸・言語学系, 助教授 (40179289)
|Project Period (FY)
1996 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥800,000)
|Keywords||FUNCTION / WORD ORDER / DISCOURSE / TOPIC / CLEFT SENTENCE / REPETITION / ELLIPSIS / TOPIC CONTINUITY / コピュラ文 / 文章完成テスト|
The aim of this project is to investigate Japanese sentence structures from the perspective of discourse functions and to consider the methodology of contrastive analysis of Japanese with other languages on the basis of discourse functions. As the relations of sentence structures and discourse functions are not simple one-to-one correlations, we need to study the relations empirically in actual text using various methods such as quantitative analysis, experiments, and analysis using questionnaires
The results of this project are :
1. Data base of the written discourse for the cleft and the existential sentences.
2. Data base of the spoken discourse for the cleft and the existential sentences.
3. Results of the text completion tests.
4. Results of the summary and title tests.
5. The results of both 4 and 5 are to be published in due course.
6. Published the analysis on Japanese cleft sentences.
7. Presented the above paper at the Linguistic Circle of Ljubljuana University and at the Annual Meeting of the Japanese Studies Association of Australia.
8. Data base for the referent books on the typological studies of word order.
9. Published the review of the typological studies on word order.
Research Output (16results)