TSUKADA Michiro Department of Language Behaviour, Researcher, 言語行動研究部, 研究員 (10311151)
OZAKI Yoshimitsu Department of Language Behaviour, Head, 言語行動研究部, 室長 (10204190)
YOSHIOKA Yasuo Department of Language Change, Director, 言語行動研究部, 部長 (90200948)
|Budget Amount *help
¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1996 : ¥900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥900,000)
1. We made a sociolinguistic and linguistic-behavioral study on daily discourses, focusing into constitutive factors of speech events in daily communication. We proposed a tentative framework of description of speech events, namely 'POSTURING'. The framework of 'POSTURING' is expected to enable us to investigate into mechanism of sociolinguistic and interpersonal process of speech events, In the situation of daily communication, we give various attentions and treatments to each constitutive factor of speech event, namely, participants, environments, media-instruments, temporal factor, linguistic forms, and content of the communication, etc.. We proposed to define these process of attention and treatment as 'POSTURING'.
2. To make inquiry into our framework, we made some sociolinguistic surveys in rural communities (Tokyo, Kyoto, Okazaki in Japan), interviewing young and senior members of the communities. We made also investigations into written texts of daily communication, transcriptions of daily conversation and scinarios of TV-dramas, etc..
3. These surveys were conducted focusing 'meta-communicative expressions', for examples, 「Konnani yabun-osoku mooshi-wake arimasen.」 「Konna koto o mooshi-agete shiturei desuga.」 「Watakushi nado ga o-hanashi suru no wa sen etsu desuga.」 etc.. Meta-communicative expressions are made to show how the addressor give attentions and treatments to each constitutive factors of speech events.
4. We conclude as follows ; to describe mechanism of process of speech events under the framework of 'POSTURING', meta-communicative expressions will be one of the effectual and indispensable view-points of the survey.
5. We prepared some papers on our investigation and compiled them as a report of the research project. cf. (11) References.