KUROSAWA Yaetsu THE MAESAWA CATTLE MUSEUM,IWATE PREFECTURE,RESEARCH COORDINATOR, 前沢町立牛の博物館, 研究員
YAMAGATA Takahro NAGOYA UNIVERSITY,ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 農学部, 助手 (50242847)
NISHIBORI Masahide HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY,ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, 生物生産学部, 助手 (80237718)
MANNENN Hideyuki KOBE UNIVERSITY,ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, 農学部, 助教授 (20263395)
YAMAMOTO Yoshio HIROSHIMA UNIVERSITY,PROFESSOR, 生物生産学部, 教授 (10032103)
(1) Morphological and genetical survey was conducted with native domestic and their related wild animals in Laos from December 8 in 1997 to January 8 in 1998. The survey was done with special interest on collection of samples of blood, skull bones, hairs, and other tissues of native domestic animals and their related wild forms, such as cattle (gaurs), pigs (wild boars), goats, chickens (red jungle fowls), ducks, mice, etc.
(2) Blood and tissue samples could be collected from four provinces, that is, Vientine (included the city), Xiengkhoang, Borikhamsai and Champasak. Numbers of sammples were totally as follows ; native cattle : 138, water buffaloes : 55, native pigs : 78, wild boars : skull 2 and tissue 1, native goats : 50, mice : 13, rat : 15, native chickens : 112 (eggs : 49), red jungle fowl : 8, native ducks : 56.
(3) Most of blood and tissue samples, especially goats, pigs, cattle and water bufffaloes, were analized in Laos in order to detect genetic variants by the method of electrophoresis, and the blood cell samples were used to extract DNAs from them.
(4) Data of body-measurements were already compiled for the native cattle, water bufaloes and goats.
(5) Data of genetic variations in externally detectable characters, such as coat-color, feather color, shape of horns, ears, teats were also compiled.