Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Physical properties of metals
|Research Institution||Nagoya University|
INOUE Junichiro Nagoya Univ.School of Eng.Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (60115532)
MATHON J. City University, Dept.Maths.Professor, 数学科, 教授
BAUER G.E.W. Delft Univ.of Technology, Faculty Appl.Phys.Professor, 応用物理学部, 教授
MIYAZAKI Terunobu Tohoku Univ.School of Eng., Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (60101151)
SHINJO Teruya Kyoto Univ.The Inst.Chemical Research, Professor, 化学研究所, 教授 (70027043)
MAEKAWA Sadamichi Tohoku Univ.IMR,Profesor, 金属材料研究所, 教授 (60005973)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||Ferromagnetic tunnel junction / Magnetoresistance / Domain wall / Granular films / Monatomic superlattice / Coulomb blockade / Magnetic dots array / Superconductor / magnets junctions / 単原子積層人工格子 / クーロンブロッケード / 金属細線 / 微粒子金属膜 / 単原子積層、人工格子 / 磁壁による抵抗 / クーロンブロッケイド|
Recently, magnetic and transport properties of nano-scale magnets attract much interests due to their technological applications to RAM and head sensors. This kind of mesoscopic systems are also important for the fundamental physics because novel properties can be brought about from a coupling of spin and charge of electrons. The research results are summarized as follows :
1. Systematic experiments for the tunnel magnetoresistance (TMR) in ferromagnetic tunnel junctions have been done, that is, the effect of barrier width, temperature and applied voltage on TMR has been clarified.
2. It has been shown that effects of randomness on the TMR is important.
3. Effects of Coulomb blockade, spin accumulation and cotunneling on the TMR in the double barrier junctions have been clarified.
4. Small ferromagnetic tunnel junctions have been successfully fabricated by photolithography. Spin valve type tunnel junctions have been also fabricated.
5. TMR in the granular systems has been analyzed in terms of the cotunneling.
6. Electrical resistivity and TMR through the interfaces and domain walls has been investigated.
7. Dynamic of the domain walls have been studied by using GMR effect.
8. Oscillation of the magnetic anisotropy has been found in the monatomic Fe-Au superlattices.
9. Transport properties of ferromagnets/superconductors has been studied.