Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka University|
INAMURA Kiyonari Professor, Osaka University, School of Allied Health Sciences, 医学部, 教授 (90203207)
LEMKE Heinz U Professor, Berlin Technical University, コンピュータサイエンス, 教授
OHYAMA Nagaaki Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 像情報工学研究施設, 教授 (50160643)
TAMURA Shinichi Professor, Osaka University, School of Medicine, 医学部, 教授 (30029540)
DOI Kunio Professor, Osaka University, The University of Chicago, 放射線医学科・クルトロスマン研究所, 教授 所長
LEMKE Heinz ベルリン工科大学, コンピュータサイエンス, 教授
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥5,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
|Keywords||3D Image Processing / Image Workstation / Radiological Image Diagnosis / Cine-film Digitization / Electronic Filing / Computer Assisted Diagmosis / Interstitial Abnoemalities / Automatic Tracking of Vascularture / 3次元的画像処理|
1. We developed a prototype of medical image workstation which should be placed on the center of this OSACA project, and installed at the Osaka University Hospital.
2. Application software were designed and developed, and they were implemented to above mentioned workstation.
3. Basic performance of above systems was measured and clinical evaluation was carried out.
4. Also application softwares which are capable of three dimensional image processing in computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and other modalities have been developed and implemented to above workstation. These application softwares are in the field of brain tumor diagnosis, localization of tumor therapy, maxillofacial image diagnosis, computerized endoscopy and other image guided therapy/diagnosis.
5. Above system which we developed is specially intended to be an "Open System". The system is capable of accepting demands from radiological diagnosists, radiation oncologists, internists, surgeons and other medical docto
rs in our hospital. These medical doctors can enter into the field of making their own application softwares.
6. Especially, one of our investigators realized that the computer assisted diagnosis could bring second opinion to radiological diagnosists in the field of chest image radiography, mammography, angiography with contrast agent and other radiographies. This computer assisted diagnosis brought radiologists very high level of the sensitivity and specificity of image diagnosis. Also an operability with high speed of image processing has been realized.
7. Interchangeability of image transportation and transmission has been checked by investigators. This interchangeability was realized by the common standard specification and its implementation to application softwares on the above mentioned workstation.
Interchangeability between external memory media, devices and its independability from CPU and OS was reconfirmed.
8. New modality of radiological imaging such as flat panel imaging detector assembly which does not employ films nor imaging plates was investigated and possibilities to bring them into radiological practice, and their impact to improve throughput of patient examination was studied.
9. We have also designed, developed and implemented moving picture systems for digitized cine-films in the field of cardiovascular image diagnosis. Image data compression method of MPEG-2 and external electronic file media such as DVD-RAM, and standard specification according to the ACC (American College of Cardiology) /NEMA (National Electronic Manufacturers Association) were adopted and their contribution to the electronic filing system of moving pictures for medical use was evaluated. Less