Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
Neuroscience in general
|Research Institution||Kagawa Medical University|
TOKUDA Masaaki Kagawa Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, Associate Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (10163974)
畠瀬 修 香川医大, 医学部, 教授 (50033220)
SUGIMOTO Katsuyoshi Kagawa Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, Research Associate, 医学部, 客員教員
MIYAMOTO Osamu Kagawa Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, Associate Professor, 医学部, 助教授 (00253287)
KOBAYASHI Ryoji Kagawa Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (00020917)
YAMAGUCHI Fuminori Kagawa Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, Research Associate, 医科部, 助手 (40271085)
ITANO Toshifumi Kagawa Medical University, Faculty of Medicine, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (60145042)
HANS van de カルガリ大学, 副医学部長
後藤 孝也 香川医科大学, 医学部, 助手 (80284355)
長畠 駿一郎 香川医科大学, 医学部, 教授 (10033375)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
|Keywords||cyclin-dependent kinase / p35 / phosphorylation / plasticity / Alzheimer's disease / neuronal degeneration / tau-protein / neurofilament / アルツハイマー脳 / Cdk5|
1. Expression levels and kinase activity of cychn-dependent kinase 5 (Cdk5) and its activator p35 were analyzed and compared using 8 Alzheimer's brains and 18 age-matched normal brains.
2. Western blot analysis using specific antibodies for two proteins elucidated that Cdk5 and p35 increased by 20% and 15%, respectively, in Alzheimer's brains as compare with those in control brains.
3. Cdk5/p35 activity in Alzheimer's brains was 20% higher than that in control brains. Especially, the activity in hippocampus in Alzheimer' s brains increased by 30%, however, that in forebrain did not increase significantly,
4. Immunohistochemical study elucidated that distribution of both Cdk5 and p35 was dominantly observed at the regions of paired helical tangles which is characteristic in Alzheimer's brains.
5. Southern blot analysis of Cdk5 and p35 showed no significant difference between Alzheimer's brains and control brains.
6. Several proteins were assayed for the stimulatory or inhibitory activity of Cdk5/p35 activity, and S100A and B showed no stimulation or inhibition. Calbrain which we recently cloned showed a significant stimulation on the kinase activity.
7. None of cAMP-dependent protein kinase, calcium/phospholipid-dependent protein kinase, calmodulin-dependent protein kinase 2 and casein kinase phosphorylated Cdk5/p35 and did not alter its activity.