Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Tsukuba College of Technology|
ARAKI Tsutomu Tsukuba College of Technology (TCT), Mechanical Engineering, Assoc. Prof., 機械工学科, 助教授 (70232048)
MATSUFUJI Midori TCT General Education, Assoc. Prof., 聴覚部一般教育等, 助教授 (30271464)
EDMUND Pauly martin TCT General Education, Assoc. Prof., 視覚部一般教育等, 助教授 (90238832)
WATANABE Takashi TCT Electronics Engineering, Prof., 電子情報学科, 教授 (60015865)
KOBAYASHI Masayuki TCT Research Center on Educational Media, Prof., 聴覚部教育方法開発センター, 教授 (50215365)
YONEYAMA Fumio TCT Mechanical Engineering, Research Associate, 機械工学科, 助手 (20220775)
須藤 正彦 筑波技術短期大学, 聴覚部一般教育等, 助教授 (90206566)
岡田 昌章 筑波技術短期大学, 機械工学科, 助教授 (60169117)
内野 權次 筑波技術短期大学, 教育方法開発センター, 教授 (30100811)
安東 孝治 筑波技術短期大学, 電子情報学科電子工学専攻, 講師 (50222782)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥6,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥2,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
|Keywords||hearing impaired / multimedia / Internet / Profiles of Deaf Schools in Japan / video phone / visual communication / distance learning / support engineering / TV電話 / WWW / 遠隔学習|
Since both universities (Tsukuba College of Technology, and National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) in US) are representing the world for the hearing impaired, and since both are involved in educational environments which utilize multimedia and the Internet for higher education, a collaborative education research project was carried out. In the higher education of the hearing impaired, it was done through multimedia and Internet support which visually and interactively supported the exchange of information and learning.
From the viewpoint of the support engineering,
(1) Actual conditions on mutual utilization related to the Internet and multimedia which connect the colleges for hearing impaired engineering department systems were investigated. Respective researchers were dispatched and invited, actually putting the transmission content together more, and concretely, curriculum and field work investigation of effective guidance content of the multimedia support and research negot
iations were carried out.
(2) Multimedia data suitable for the education of the disabled was examined. In addition, teaching material and material and orientation procedures for multimedia data transmission by the Internet with all conditions of the mutual use of the computer were considered, and a teaching material system was developed.
(3) "Profiles of Deaf Schools in Japan", which introduced deaf schools in Japan with the aim of carrying out education and the effective education in which the quality is high in order to attempt the philanthropy, as institutions of higher education for the disabled, was presented to the public on the WWW. The collaboration in the hearing impaired educational institutions was attempted by this, and the challenge was continued as the experiment which introduced the information which is related to the society in the deaf schools again. This fact has received a high evaluation from the research staff of NTID.
(4) An electronic mail exchange project involving students with hearing impairment of both schools and between students with visual impairment was continued, and the teaching effectiveness was raised.
(5) Picture phone (video conferencing system) was used for remote international communication between Japan-US, and research exchange by the support of multimedia which referred to sign language was able to be smoothed, and through these a series of results were announced in institutes, workshops, etc.. Less