Grant-in-Aid for International Scientific Research.
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||TOKYO INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY|
TAKEMURA Jiro Tokyo Inst.of Tech., Faculty of Eng.Associate Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (40179669)
TAKAHASHI Akihiro Tokyo Inst.of Tech., Faculty of Eng.Research Associate, 工学部, 助手 (40293047)
KOUDA Masayuki Tokyo Inst.of Tech., Faculty of Eng.Research Associate, 工学部, 助手 (10282823)
KUWANO Jiro Tokyo Inst.of Tech., Faculty of Eng.Associate Prof., 工学部, 助教授 (30178149)
KUSAKABE Osamu Tokyo Inst.of Tech., Faculty of Eng.Professor, 工学部, 教授 (40092548)
TAN Thiam So シンガポール国立大学, 工学部, 講師
TAN Thia Soo シンガポール国立大学, 工学部, 助教授
TAN Thiam-Soon National Univ.Singapore, Faculty of eng., Associate Prof.
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥1,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
|Keywords||open braced excavation / earth pressure / soft clay / centrifuge model tests / deformation / construction sequence / 3D effects / 開削 / 土圧 / 軟弱粘土 / 遠心模型実験 / 変形 / 施工過程 / 3次元効果 / 軟弱粘土地盤 / 掘削 / シミュレーション / 有限要素解析|
In this study centrifuge model tests on vertical excavation in normally consolidated soft clay was carried out using a newly developed test systems in TIT and NUS.By TIT and NUS systems construction sequence in double propped wall open excavation and rectangular shape excavation can be properly simulated in flight respectively. The following conclusions were drawn.
(1) The assumption of undrained condition can be reasonably adopted for NC clay during excavation because of positive pore pressure generation due to shearing.
(2) Normally consolidated clay reached Rankine's active conditions at very shallow excavation depth before lower propping. The importance of strength anisotropy for the stability evaluation in open excavation was confirmed in the tests. The clay in the bottom of excavation reached its passive condition around the half of excavation depth. The deformation after this depth was mainly determined by the mechanical properties of sand, i.e., stiffness or stress-strain.
pping can prevent marked increase in the settlement ; however, it is very difficult to recover the settlement and deformation once it occurs by increasing the strutting force (i.e., preloading). Hysteretic and non-linear behavior of soil is considered to be one of the main reasons of the irrecoverable deformation.
(4) Difference in the settlement trough with different propping conditions mainly revealed near the wall, while for far away from the wall no much difference in the trough could be seen.
(5) The wall deflection was derived from the data of two laser displacement transducers at different heights and strains along the wall. Although some scattering was included due to the inevitable error in the deflection calculation, a non-linear relation was clearly obtained between mobilized strength and deflection.
(6) The corner constraint plays an important role in controlling wall and ground movement in an unstrutted 3D excavation. Increasing the thickness of the wall reduces the wall and ground movement.
(8) 連壁剛性が大きくなるほど3次元性が顕著となり、2次元条件での変形に比べ変位は著しく小さくなる。 Less