Grant-in-Aid for international Scientific Research
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Section||University-to-University Cooperative Research|
|Research Institution||Fujita Health University|
SHAMOTO Mikihiro Fujita Health Univ., Div.Pathol.Cytol., Prof., 総合医科学研究所, 教授 (00097726)
印 洪林 南京大学, 医学院, 副教授
石 群立 南京大学, 医学院, 副教授
溝口 良順 藤田保健衛生大学, 医学部, 講師 (90174052)
丸山 文夫 藤田保健衛生大学, 医学部, 講師 (60257623)
HIRANO Masami Fujita Health Univ., Department of pathology., Prof., 医学部, 教授 (20084519)
YING Hongling Nanjing Univ., Department of pathology., Assoc.Prof.
SHI Qunli Nanjing Univ., Department of pathology., Assoc.Prof.
周 しょう軍 南京大学, 医学院, 教授
岡本 昌隆 藤田保健衛生大学, 医学部, 講師
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥3,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
|Keywords||Malignant lymphoma / Cytochemistry / China / Japan / Comparative study|
We compared malignant lymphomas between the cases of Nanjing University Hospital and Fujita Health University Hospital. We could be borrowed from 104 cases of Nanjing University Hospital, which were embedded in paraffin. We used almost the same number of cases of Fujita Health University for control. Now we could be borrowed from more 59 cases which were not yet examined in 1999. We could get intermediary results as follows.
1. The cases of Nanjing University ranged in age from 5 to 77 years and showed a male to female ratio of 84 : 20. The cases of Nanjing University were little younger than those of Fujita Health University and the male percentage was higher than that of the latter.
2. Concerning the biopsy region, there were 32 cases from lymph nodes, 10 from the stomach, 8 from the intestine, 15 from the nasopharynx, 4 from the testis and 35 from other organs. The ratio of extranodar lesions in Nanjing was higher than that in our University. Especially, it should be noted that the intestinal cases were frequently observed, and then some of them were T cell lymphomas.
3. The ratio of T cell lymphoma to B cell lymphoma showed a predominant B cell percentage. Although the incidence of B cell lymphoma was high, diffuse lymphomas were more common than follicular lymphomas. We could suggest that many patients might have been diagnosed in late and aggressive stage.
4. No subject exhibited adult T cell lymphomas (ATL) in Nanjing . However, a few ATL were observed in Shanghai. A causative factor to be taken up may be that Shanghai area had the most close relationship between Japan previously.
5. No predominant difference in EB virus infection was observed between cases at Nanjing University and Fujita Health University, The cases of Hodgkin's disease were fewer than-those of our University.