Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A).
|Research Institution||Nagoya University|
NAMIKAWA Yukihiko Nagoya Univ.Grad.School of Mathematics, Professor, 大学院・多元数理科学研究科, 教授 (20022676)
三宅 正武 名古屋大学, 大学院・多元数理科学研究科, 教授 (70019496)
MURATA Hiroshi Naruto Univ.of Education, Dept of Mathematics Education, Professor, 学校教育学部, 教授 (20033897)
NEGAMI Seiya Yokohama Nat.Univ., Faculty of Education and Human Sciences, Ass.Prof., 教育人間科学部, 助教授 (40164652)
戸瀬 信之 慶応義塾大学, 経済学部, 教授 (00183492)
KITAHARA Kazuo Intern.Christian Univ., Division of College of General Arts, Professor, 教養学部, 教授 (20107692)
YASUGI Mariko Kyoto Sangyo Univ., Dept of Information and Communication Sciences, Professor, 理学部, 教授 (90022277)
NISHIMORI Toshiyuki Hokkaido Univ., Center for Research and Development in Higher Education, Professor, 高等教育機能開発総合センター, 教授 (50004487)
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥21,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥21,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥6,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,300,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥7,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥7,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,200,000)
|Keywords||mathematics education / basic education at universities / achievement test / decline of ability / education in majors / calculus / linear algebra / teaching method / 数学教育 / 大学基礎教育 / 学力調査 / 学力低下 / 学部専門教育 / 微分積分学 / 線型代数学 / 教育方法 / 大学数学基礎教育 / 基本カリキュラム / 学習指導要領 / 教員養成|
1. Update of the database on the system of basic education of mathematics in universities : we investigated such faculties as mtedicine and education (cf. Report I 1, II 2) ;
2. Investigation of achievemnents of mathematics learning : (1) Investigation of achievements through years, at the begin and at the end of the 1st grade, in 1996, 1998, 1999 with the classification of patterns of answers (cf.Report I 2) ; (2) Investigation by inquiry, in 1998 after the entance of students learned under the new national standards ;
3. Investigation of cases in overseas : (1) We invited Prof. Judson from the US to hear on the reform of education in tlte States (cf. Report I 3) ; (2) Namikawa and Nishimori visited the US and France to exchange informations among math educators there.
4. Investigation on relation with further education in majors : We made research in such majors as physics, engineering, economics, informations, but it has turned out that the improvement of the relation is very difficult several reasons (cf. Report II 1 ) ;
5. Propose of standard curriculum on calculus and linear algebra in college level : we could give only preliminary version ;
6. Update of the database on the curriculum of basic education of mathematics in universities : we made also inquiries about the present situations. The answers show strong sense of crisis and of dissatisfactions of educators.
7. Inquizy on tips of teaching methods : done in 1999. Answers were classified according to patterns (cf. Report III) ;
8. University network of mathematics : in such activities the university network of mathematics was very useful. We used internet for exchange of informations.