Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||NAGOYA UNIVERSITY|
DOI Masao Nagoya Univ., Engineering, Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (70087104)
ISHII Kasyuya Nagoya Univ., Engineering, Professor, 工学研究科, 助教授 (60134441)
SUGIHARA Masaaki Nagoya Univ., Engineering, Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (80154483)
KANEDA Yukio Nagoya Univ., Engineering, Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (10107691)
TANIGUCHI Takashi Nagoya Univ., Engineering, Assistant Professor, 工学研究科, 助手 (60293669)
KAWAKATU Toshihiro Nagoya Univ., Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学研究科, 助教授 (20214596)
松本 充弘 名古屋大学, 工学研究科, 助教授 (10229578)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥33,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥33,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥4,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥8,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥19,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥19,600,000)
|Keywords||Hierarchical Simulation / Mesoscopic Structure / Mesoscopic Molecular Dynamics / Reptation Dynamics / 分散構造 / ボロノイ分割|
The purpose of this project is to construct a software system which relates the material properties of polymers with their molecular structures using modern theory of polymer dynamics. As the time scale involved in polymeric systems extends over many decades (from pico seconds to days), we proposed a new simulation scheme called "Hierarchical Simulation", and
(1) developed new modeling for the mesosclae dynamics of polymers,
(2) constructed simulation softwares based on those models, and
(3) designed a system which combines these various softwares
Outcomes of this research are as follows.
(1) We constructed a new model which describes the rheological properties of linear and branched polymers. We also developed a computational scheme which predicts the structure of polymers in the phase separation and near the interfaces.
(2) We developed three general-purpose simulation engines
(2.1) rheological simulator, (2.2) interfacial simulator and (2.3) non-linear field solver.
(3) We designed a general engine-user interface which can handle data browsing, data editing and data displaying for all simulators.
As a result of these prototype system for hierarchical simulation, we now have a clear view for the future development.