Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka University|
KIYONARI Inamura Professor of Medical Engineering, 医学部, 教授 (90203207)
NAKAMURA Hironobu Professor of Radiology, School of Medicine, Osaka University, 医学系研究科, 教授 (00116071)
TAKEO Ishigaki Professor of Radiology, Medical School, Nagoya University, 医学部, 教授 (60094356)
宮坂 和男 北海道大学, 医学部, 教授 (60001939)
YAMAGUCHI Koichi Professor of Radiology, School of Medicine, Yamagata University, 医学部, 教授 (00091843)
HIROMU Nishitani Professor of Radiology, School of Medicine, Tokushima University, 医学部, 教授 (50117206)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥19,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥19,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥3,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥3,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥3,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥12,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,500,000)
|Keywords||Medical images / Electronical storage / PACS / Images diagnosis / Technology assessment / Image information system / IS＆C / Standardization / 画像処理システム / IS&C|
1. Purpose of research were :
(1) Experimental system for clinical trial use of electronic storage of medical images must be constructed, and radiologists and radiological technologist must use the system to check clinical effectiveness of it in the radiological practice. Especially capabilities of extracting diagnostic information musted be proven by checking image quality.
(2) Quantitative measurement of clinical effectiveness for economical expense must be tried and the results must be applied for the decision making of installation of such electronical storage system of medical images.
(3) Social impact of the results of such systems in the field of cooperation of hospitals with clinics, teleradiology, diagnostical education, cancer therapy as well as patient outcome must be proven.
2. Results of research (1) and (2) below according to the purpose of the research of item (1) above are described as follows. Result of research (3) below according to the purpose of the research of item (2
) above is described as follows.
(1) Integration of HIS/RIS/PACS has been evaluated for these 5 years in Osaka University Hospital. Evaluation data were acquired by means of methods of time study for these 5 years. Quantitative evaluation of clinical outcome brought basic data for optimized design of PACS of next generation.
(2) PACS which has more than 400 units of image display terminals for HIS functions has been evaluated by Osaka University. This HIS/RIS/PACS has functions of radiological diagnosis and reference.
(3) Cost effectiveness of both experimental and practical systems for electronical storage of medical images were tried to be measured in terms of :
a) Comparison of economical expenses for electronical storage of moving pictures such as digital cine-angiography applying DVD technology, MO technology and image data compression technologies was carried out.
b) Economical expenses for hardware resources and the results of quantitative simulation of PACS performance such as response time employing such hardware resource were compared each other. Optimization of cost effectiveness was tried to get optimized design of PACS before purchasing hardware and software, and introducting such systems. Less