Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (A).
|Research Institution||Hirosaki University|
ENDO Masahiko Hirosaki University, Biochemistry, Professor, 医学部, 教授 (20004616)
ITO Kazuo Osaka City University, Biology of Science, Associate Professor, 理学部, 講師 (20183171)
TAKEGAWA Kaoru Kagawa University, Life Science, Associate Professor, 農学部, 助教授 (50197282)
ITO Makoto Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences, Kyushu University, Bioscience and Biotechnology, Associate Professor, 大学院・生物資源環境科学研究科, 助教授 (40253512)
YAMAMOTO Kenji Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University Integrant Life Science, Professor, 大学院・農学研究科, 教授 (70109049)
堀田 恭子 北里大学, 医学部, 教授 (10050402)
HASE Sumihiro Graduate School of Science, Osaka University, Chemistry, Professor, 大学院・理学研究科, 教授 (80028232)
傘 育子 北里大学, 医学部, 助手 (00184458)
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 2000
Completed(Fiscal Year 2000)
|Budget Amount *help
¥32,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥32,600,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥5,200,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,200,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥7,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥7,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥12,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,600,000)
|Keywords||endo-type glycosidase / transglycosylation / carbohydrate transferation in to peptide / cutting out carbohydrate chain / glycoconjugate / linkage region / glycotechnology / エンド型グリコシダーゼ / 糖転移反応 / ペプチドへの糖鎖導入 / 糖鎖の切り出し / 複合糖質 / 橋渡し部分 / 糖鎖工学 / 糖タンパク質 / 糖脂質 / プロテオグリカン / 糖鎖切り出し / 糖鎖組み換え / 糖鎖限定分解|
This research group is composed of researchers who have each independently discovered some new endo-type glycosidases. It is extremely important that these enzymes act on the linkage region between a core molecule (protein or lipid) and a carbohydrate chain of glycoconjugates, and as a result release a long carbohydrate chain from a core molecule. The enzymes are endo-β-N-acetylglucosaminidase and endo-β-mannosidase acting on N-glycan, endo-α-N-acetylgalactosaminidase acting on O-glycan, endo-β-xylosidase, endo-β-galactosidase and endo-β-glucuronidase acting on proteoglycan, and endo-glucoceramidase acting on glycolipid. Therefore, the object of the research is to open a new avenue for the glycotechnology using the specific properties of the enzyme, that is the reconstruction of carbohydrate chains and the transferation of carbohydrate chaing into peptide or lipid.
The fundamental research policy
The fundamental research policy is as follows :
1. To establish the purification methods for and elucidate the properties of the enzymes.
2. To establish the effective methods for cutting out the carbohydrate chains from glycoconjugate.
3. To establish the transglycosylation and reconstruction methods for carbohydrate chains for glycoconjugate.
1. Purification methods for each enzyme were established and the properties of each enzyme were elucidated. Moreover, the cloning of some of the enzymes is in progress.
2. Methods of cutting out the carbohydrate chains from glycoconjutate were established for each enzyme.
3. The conditions for the transferation and reconstruction of each enzyme were estimated as a reverse reaction of hydrolysis reaction of endo-type glycosidases. However, as the conditions for each of those reactions were different, the establishment of effective conditions is an important remaining problem.