Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B).
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY|
FUJII Nobuo Kyushu University, Graduate School of Information Science and Electrical Engineering, Associate Professor, 大学院・システム情報科学研究科, 助教授 (60101177)
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥9,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥9,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥5,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥2,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,800,000)
|Keywords||MAGNETIC WHEEL / LINEAR DRIVE / MAGNETIC LEVITATION / PERMANENT MAGNET / REPULSIVE FORCE / ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD ANALYSIS / ELECTROMAGNETIC DEVICE / LINEAR MOTOR / 磁気車輪 / リニアドライブ / 磁気浮上 / 永久磁石 / 誘導反発型 / 電磁界解析 / 電磁機器 / リニアモータ / 電磁界分析|
The magnet wheel is the electromagnetic device with the induction type repulsive force and thrust. This research made the following facts become clear.
For the design of the magnet wheel :
1. The lift force per magnets volume is approximately proportional to the fundamental factor of flux distribution of magnet poles. The optimum ratio of the length of magnet to the length of pole pitch is from 2/3 to 5/6.
2. When the pole pitch about 20 times the gap length is given, the larger the number of poles is , the performance is better. For the magnet wheel with a 20cm outside diameter a the gap of 5mm, four-pole configuration is best.
3. The optimum thickness of permanent magnet in the magnetizing direction is about 2cm in the viewpoint of lift force per volume characteristics.
On the conducting plate :
4. The lift force per driving power is approximately proportional only to the surface conductivity of conducting plate, which is defined as the value of the conductivity multiplied by the thickness.
On the unit of self-driven magnet wheel :
5. The yoke of armature is effective to increase the driving torque and the lift force, although the weight increases.
6. The very compact and light magnet wheel could be realized, compared with the method using as ordinary motor for the rotation.
7. The power factor at the input for the drive can be almost 1.0 in spite of the induction repulsive levitation.
On the maglev vehicle using four units of the self-driven magnet wheels :
8. The magnet wheel has the sufficiently large lift force against the own weight, and the half of driving power required for the levitation can be converted into the thrust.
9. The component of torque is canceled, and the stable levitation without vibration can be obtained.