Characteristicsand application of the microclimate around a hillsidearea(From a viewpoint of Urban planning and architectural design)
Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||Osaka University|
MIZUNO Minoru (Graduate School of Engineering Osaka University) Prof., 大学院・工学研究科, 教授 (30029269)
SHIMODA Yoshiyuki Osaka University Assoc. Prof., 大学院・工学研究科, 助教授 (20226278)
OHNISHI Junji (Faculty of Engineeing, Osaka Electro-Communication Univ.) Prof., 工学部, 教授 (50089877)
MAKAMURA Yasuhiro (Faculty of Engineering, Yamaguchi Univ.) Prof., 工学部, 教授 (20029268)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥10,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥10,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥1,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,000,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,000,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥7,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥7,900,000)
|Keywords||hillside area / environmental resource / environmental symbiosis / coldair drainage flow / environmental perception / questionnaire / information system / outdoor thermal environment / 気候資源 / 環境共生住宅 / 情報化 / 情報活用システム / 屋外温熱環境 / 住宅地開発 / 気温場 / 風向風速場 / 都市気候 / 傾斜地|
The purpose of this study is to clarify the prerequisite for urban planning and architectural design that is symbiotic with the environment. Some of the findings are described in the following.
1) A traversing field survey to investigate the mechanism of air temperature distribution around complicated topographical hillside was conducted. Effects of a local wind and topographical elements upon the temperature distribution were examined in detail and a number of useful results were obtained.
2) Field observations and a wind tunnel experiment to investigate the mechanism of wind fields around complicated topographical hillside were conducted. As a result, wind fields near the ground surface were much affected by topographical elements. And gravity flows from upward slope were observed around outskirts of the mountain.
3) Field observations were conducted to clarify a structure generating a cold air drainage flow and the impact of cold air drainage flow on a residential area in a hilly urban
area. Fundamental characteristics of a cold air drainage flow and impacts on a residential area were simulated by numerical model.
4) A traversing field survey to determine the air temperature distribution and wind field around the hillside area were conducted. And some information were obtained by questionnaire to the residents to investigate their perception of outdoor thermal environment and influence upon their life such as energy consumption for air conditioning. The field survey and questionnaire were conducted at the neighboring city for making a comparison.
5) Preparation for climatic information system supported in urban planning and architectural design was discussed. Firstly, authors investigated the problem to be solved concerned about environmental assessment for climate through questionnaires. Secondly, authors proposed new information system for climatic environment.
6) Map of climatic condition and recommendation for urban planning were described. Through the new process of assessment, it is possible to propose recommendations for urban planning and architectural design in consideration for micrometeorological phenomena. Less
Research Products (7results)