SAWA Yoshihiko Hokkaido Univ.Grad.Sch.Dent.Med.Asso.Prof., 大学院・歯学研究科, 助教授 (70271666)
SHIBATA Kenichiro Hokkaido Univ.Grad.Sch.Dent.Med.Asso.Prof., 大学院・歯学研究科, 助教授 (50145265)
WATANABE Tsuguo Hokkaido Univ.Grad.Sch.Dent.Med.Prof., 大学院・歯学研究科, 教授 (10064362)
YAMAOKA Yuji Hokkaido Univ.Grad.Sch.Dent.Med.Inst., 大学院・歯学研究科, 助手 (50322821)
MAKINO Shujiroh Hokkaido Univ.Dent.Hospital Inst., 歯学部・附属病院, 助手 (30280853)
鈴木 正嗣 北海道大学, 歯学部, 助教授 (90216440)
|Budget Amount *help
¥13,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥13,500,000)
Fiscal Year 2000 : ¥2,600,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,600,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥2,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,500,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,900,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,900,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥6,500,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,500,000)
To clarify the relationships between microcirculatory system and immuno-defence system in the dental pulp, we examined human blood and lymphatic vessels immuno-histochemically and microbiologically. The results are summarized as follows :
1)In general, lymphatic vessels in healthy tissue express PECAM-1 only, but in inflamed tissue, they express PECAM-1, ICAM-1, ICAM-3, and VCAM-1.
2) In the submandibular lymph node, lymphatic vessels express PECAM-1 and ICAM-1.
3) In the tongue, lymphatic capillaries close to oral epithelitum express PECAM-1, ICAM-1, and ELAM-1, or PECAM-1 and ICAM-1. However, collecting lymphatic vessels express PECAM-1 only.
4) Mediation of inflammatory cytokines induce strong expression of PECAM-1, and expression of ICAM-1 on the lymphatic vessels.
5) Some oral microbial associates induce expression of leukocyte adhesion molecules and production of cytokines in the vascular endothelial cells.
6) In blood vessels of healthy dental pulp, there are strong expression of PECAM-1 and weak expression of MHC class II, ELAM-1, and ICAM-1.
7) In blood vessels of inflamed dental pulp, there are strong expression of PFCAM-1, MHC class II, ELAM-1, ICAM-1, ICAM-3, and VCAM-1.
8) In lymphatic vessels of healthy and inflamed dental pulp, there are strong expression of PECAM-1 and weak expression of ICAM-1.
9) PECAM-1 expression of the blood vessels was observed only on the luminal surface of the endothelium, but in the lymphatic vessels, it was found both on the luminal and abluminal surfaces of the endothelium.
10) Expression of desmoplakin is observed only in the lymphatic vessels, but not in the blood vessels, indicating that anti-desmoplakin antibody is useful to discriminate lymphatic vessels from blood vessels.