Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Allocation Type||Single-year Grants|
|Research Institution||KYUSHU UNIVERSITY|
YADA Toshihumi Kyushu Univ., Faculty of Economics, Professor, 経済学部, 教授 (30061188)
MATSUBARA Hiroshi The Univ. of Tokyo, Arts and Sciences, Associate Professor, 大学院・総合文化研究科, 助教授 (50181748)
YAMASAKI Akira Kyushu Univ., Faculty of Economics, Associate Professor, 経済学部, 助教授 (10191248)
HISANO Kunio Kyushu Univ., Faculty of Economics, Professor, 経済学部, 教授 (90136416)
YANAI Masato Kitakyushu City Univ., Faculty of Economics, Associate Professor, 経済学部, 助教授 (70239789)
SUZUKI Yotaro Osaka City Univ., Faculty of Commerce, Associate Professor, 商学部, 助教授 (30226568)
|Project Period (FY)
1997 – 1999
Completed(Fiscal Year 1999)
|Budget Amount *help
¥12,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥12,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1999 : ¥2,400,000 (Direct Cost : ¥2,400,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥4,700,000 (Direct Cost : ¥4,700,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥5,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥5,300,000)
|Keywords||International Division of Labor within Firms / Basic Industry / Product Life Cycle / Traffic Infrastructure / Environment Problem / Supporting Industry / 海外直接投資 / 家電産業 / 自動車産業 / 製品分担関係 / 東南アジア / 中国 / 西南経済圏 / 商品ライフ・サイクル / 雁行形態型産業発展 / 産業構造の同質化 / 生産の空洞化 / グローバル立地戦略 / 相互補完型供給体制 / 研究・開発機能 / 部品の共通化 / 産業発展パターン|
1. We analyzed the present offshore production of Japanese enterprise, which was beyond our expectation, and the division of labor between Japanese local factories and their abroad factories.
(1) In steel industry, while the growth of production in China, Korea and Taiwan is increasing, the competitiveness of Japanese steel markers is weakening.
(2) An industrial concentration in Kyushu region of automotive industry is increasing. However the intentional division of labor in parts and/or production processes is few.
(3) In semiconductor industry, the products shift from DRAM (Dynamic Random Access Memory) to system LSI is occurring. The international division of labor production processes between the factories in Kyushu and Asian factories is continuous. The factories located in Kyushu play a role as mass-production and training factories for Asian employees.
(4) The international products segregation is occurring from high-level products in Japan to middle-low level products in Asia, in optical and electric industries.
2. There is increasing an industrial concentration of semiconductor and automobile industries in Kyushu. However, the factories located in Kyushu are still limited to branch factories.
(1) Supporting industries such as metal molds are steadily increasing in Kyushu.
(2) The factories in Kyushu play a role of mother factories for mass-production technology.
(3) We can expect that the factories in Kyushu play a positive role transferring environment technologies to Asia.