Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B)
|Research Institution||KYOTO UNIVERSITY|
SONE Yoshio Kyoto University, Graduate School of Engineering, Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (80025923)
大林 哲郎 (株)大阪真空機器製作所, 技術センター開発グループ, グループ長代理
SUGIMOTO Hiroshi Kyoto University, Graduate School of Engineering, Lecturer, 工学研究科, 講師 (50222055)
TAKATA Sigeru Kyoto University, Graduate School of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学研究科, 助教授 (60271011)
OHWADA Taku Kyoto University, Graduate School of Engineering, Associate Professor, 工学研究科, 助教授 (40223987)
AOKI Kazuo Kyoto University, Graduate School of Engineering, Professor, 工学研究科, 教授 (10115777)
大林 哲朗 (株)大阪真空機器製作所, 技術センサー開発グループ, グループ長代理
OHBAYASHI Tetsuro Osaka Vacuum Ltd., Technical Center Development Group, Deputy Group Leader
|Project Fiscal Year
1997 – 1998
Completed(Fiscal Year 1998)
|Budget Amount *help
¥8,100,000 (Direct Cost : ¥8,100,000)
Fiscal Year 1998 : ¥1,800,000 (Direct Cost : ¥1,800,000)
Fiscal Year 1997 : ¥6,300,000 (Direct Cost : ¥6,300,000)
|Keywords||vacuum pump / thermal transpiration flow / Poiseulle flow / rarefied gas / Boltzmann equation / molecular gas dynamics / evaporation and condensation / vacuum technology / 真空ポンプ / 熱遷移流 / ポアズイユ流 / 希薄気体 / ボルツマン方程式 / 気体分子運動論 / 蒸発・凝縮流 / 真空工学|
The subject that we proposed is studied in the following two directions.
1. Flows induced in a rarefied gas by its temperature field
The comprehensive study of flows induced by temperature fields is made in order to find the possibility of constructing a pump without any moving part with the aid of the flow.
(1) It is experimentally observed for the first time that a flow is induced around the edge of a uniformly heated plate.
(2) Flows induced between two coaxial elliptic cylinders with different temperatures are studied numerically on the basis of kinetic theory for the whole range of the Knudsen number. The configuration of the flow is found to be considerably affected by the global geometry of the system except in the case of small Knudsen numbers.
(3) One-way flows induced in a circular pipe with a periodic temperature distribution and with ditches periodically dug are studied numerically in details. The pumping effect is found to be several times larger than that of the channel flows
studied previously by Sone et al.
(4) It is experimentally observed that a one-way flow is induced in a pipe without average pressure and temperature gradients, as in item (3). The experiment shows that the shape of the pipe is essential to inducing a one-way flow.
(5) The results obtained, combined with those of our previous research, are formed into a systematic survey of flows induced by temperature fields.
These studies show that a pumping system without a moving part is not difficult to be realized with the aid of the thermal transpiration.
2. Flows with evaporation or condensation in relation to a cryo-pumping system
(1) Weak evaporation from or condensation onto a spherical condensed phase are studied analytically and numerically on the basis of kinetic theory, and the detailed behavior of the flow is clarified for the whole range of the Knudsen number. Further, Onsager's relation is shown to hold for arbitrary Knudsen numbers.
(2) Transonic condensing flows onto a plane condensed phase are studied analytically. The analytic structure of the solution, especially, the discontinuous change of the range of existence of a solution across the sonic point is clarified.
(3) Cylindrical Couette flows between two axial circular cylindrical condensed phases are studied in details. New type of bifurcation is found to exist, and the range of the parameters where the bifurcation takes place and its physical mechanism etc. are clarified.
(3) 蒸発・凝縮を伴なう二重円筒間のクェット流を解析的、数値的に研究し、新しい型の解の分岐の存在を示し、分岐の起こるパラメータの範囲やその物理的機構等を明らかにした。 Less